When to Measure?

Options
Okay, it's been almost a month and I still have not measured. I have used the excuse, I don't have a tape measure. Well guess what turned up last night? A missing tape measure. Lordy! Should I wait til my next weigh in or just do it now? I don't want to, I know my stomach is bigger than my boobs and my butt! :)

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Do it now! Or better yet, go back a month and do it then (just kidding). I kind of went about starting this all @ss-backwards and have no "before" pics and no measurements until I had lost about 40lbs. I am down about 4 clothing sizes, but regret not having the original starting measurements and/or before pics for comparisons. I'm pleased with the inches I've lost since then, but I do wonder what my total really is. I still see myself as 60lbs heavier, and I think having a "before" might really help it sink in (but maybe not).
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    One of the most motivating things for me is to put my tape measure around a body part at the size I WAS and see the difference between then and now. Like vitminddd said, if you don't have them you'll regret it.
  • Cobehale
    Cobehale Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I finally measured today, been at this halfheartedly for a couple of months and just couldn't bring myself to do it. Once you get it over with, the next time won't be so hard! :)
  • mboktay
    mboktay Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Think you should take before and after pics with very little on? With clothing or naked? Cannot post those though can we. hee hee
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I measure myself every Sunday when I weigh myself. But that's because I am still losing relatively fast. When my weight loss slows down I measure every 2 weeks or every month.

Right now I am documenting my weight loss in lots of photographs but I am wearing loose fitting clothes.

I would wait until your next weigh in because if you've eaten or drank anything that can affect you waist measurement.