Trying this again...

Hello everyone!

I am from Duncanville, TX (Dallas sub), 25 years old, married and about 100lbs overweight. I lost 50lbs from 5/10-3/11, but have since put back on 40lbs. Last year was probably the worst year of my life. A friend passed very suddenly at the age of 28, and then my stepmother's health declined and she lost her battle with breast cancer in October (leaving my dad to raise my then 4 year old brother). Also, I entered the College of Education teacher certification program at UTA and OH MY I have never had so much school work to do in my life!
It was my fault that I let all of these things be my "excuse" to not make it to the gym or for it to be OK to eat something that wasn't exactly healthy. Although, I didn't go back to eating fast food all the time, in fact I rarely ate fast food. I did eat a lot of restaurant food, there are just so many yummy ethnic restaurant around the university!
Anyways, I will be starting my Senior year in August, and with that comes observations and then student teaching. I DO NOT want to be the fat teacher! I want to be able to be on my feet and moving around the classroom. I want to be healthy, and most of all, I want to start trying for a family after graduation next year. I don't want to have a high risk pregnancy because of my weight. So this summer, I don't have any classes to take for the first time in years and I have decided to dedicate my time to hitting the gym hard and re-learning how to eat right. I did it before, so I KNOW I can do it again. I'm done with excuses and I'm ready to get my life back on a HEALTHY track =)

Please feel free to add me as a friend! I don't have any on here yet.

Replies

• caitlindrew422
    caitlindrew422 Posts: 109 Member
    Hi, I am back to it again as well. I have struggled with weight issues all my life. I always start out great and gung-ho then I don't know what happens slowly but surely I just end up stopping watching my calories and exercising. I have two children ages 4 and 5 and a pretty hectic busy life so I think I just get lazy with it because everything else demands so much of my time and energy. I really would like to get this weight off though because it makes me so depressed about myself and how I look. I love fashion and clothes but I hate shopping because everything I try on looks horrid on me.
    I don't think my goals are that unattainable and I know it takes time. My overall goal is to loose 57 lbs. my first goal however is just to loose 10 lbs by the end of July because I will be going to California to see family, besides seeing them all I know there will be lots of pictures
    Anyways I need a buddy to try to go through this with somebody to hold me accountable, maybe exchange meal ideas and root me on. I want somebody else's perspective on my journey. I also want to help other people achieve their goals as well. I love to cook and give cooking advice and I love to just be an ear to listen.
    I am tired of this rollercoaster and I don't want to fall of again. This time I really want to loose the weight!
    I think it is so awesome you are just getting ready to finish school and thinking about starting a family- what an exciting time for you. I am sorry for your losses in the past year, I myself have lost many friends in my lifetime even though I am only 29.
    I hope I can be a helpful ear for you and good luck in your weight loss journey!