26 yrs old-- bad back-- need core/ab excercises

Options
I am 26 yrs old and have a really bad back from an accident and then also pregnancy... I have tried excercises on excercise balls, used the ab machines at the gym, tried yoga. I am at a stand still on what i can do that will work.

I have googled hundreds of "easy ab workouts" but want to know what actually works.

I am a dedicated gym rat and go 5 days a week. and just feel theres got to be SOMETHING i can do to get my abs back. :) Everything else on my body is toning up at good pace EXCEPT MY ABS (and hips)

Low impact/low flexibility ab work out appreciated :)

Thanks

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    The only thing to get rid of the ab flab is to reduce your body fat %. ie eat at a calorie deficit.

All the ab exercises in the world are not going to address the layer of fat covering them up.
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    LOL im not trying to lose "belly fat" im trying to strengthen my core
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    fats gone just need to tone them
  • LrdTwitchyMcChin
    Options
    Pilates and Yoga I have found help me. I had to go to physical therapy for a month because of a shoulder/neck spasm. The cause was an unstable lower back which was caused by large breasts and week ab muscles. When I started doing Pilates and Yoga (which is what my physical therapist had me doing), I could really tell a difference. It really strengthens your core (as long as you're doing it correctly). Hope this helps!