This question is *really* for the ladies

Options
Are there any other ladies out there that loose motivation or feel completely drained during your "lady time"? I could not even workout yesterday nor could I get past the warm up of my Insanity today. Not like me at all. I HATE this feeling. I REALLY want to get back on track!

Replies

• SuperSneaky
    SuperSneaky Posts: 43
    Options
    Every "lady time" is a struggle for me -- I overeat and give in to cravings. My work out motivation doesn't seem to suffer because it seems to help the cramps, but my healthy choices for the rest of the month feel obliterated during "that time."
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I have the same problems with overeating and no energy. I try to push through as much as I can before finally giving in.
    I usually get half way through and I figure that's better than nothing. I think if you give in a little during that time, it makes
    you more determined to "bring it" the rest of the time. :)
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Me!! I usually workout in the mornings but during that time I'm sleeping in, I will push myself through my workout later in the day because the guilt I put myself through is worse then any issues 'it' brings along!! I also find that working out helps ease the pain....sometimes it gets worse but I have to pep talk myself with "you had a 10lb baby completely natural, these cramps are nothing" followed by "you ARE a strong woman" LOL!!

But if your body is screaming "rest day" just pick yourself up and go hard when you finally come around!!! :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Yep, same here. No energy for a couple of days. I do as much as I can on those days and try to remember that I'm going to have off days, but I always wish I could figure out how to do more.
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    yea, i get really really really weak for the first 2 days or so. it's terrible. I'm completely useless.

I'm also pretty grumpy and anti-everything.
  • laurenxx23
    laurenxx23 Posts: 9
    Options
    i have gone crazy and eaten so much chocolate! and done no exercise! :(
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    This certainly applies to me. When it comes to that time, I don't have the drive to push my self through a work out. Nor do I have the energy or the focus. I can easily talk myself into laying down on the couch if I want too.
    I also have cravings and feel hungrier than a "typical" day.
    I try to make better choices to compensate if I do slack a bit.
    Its my hope that as I lose the weight I will gain energy and it wont be as much of a monthly struggle
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I lose motivation, but I have less energy and cramps etc certainly don't make me want to get up and exercise. I usually find it just helps to get on with it and push through anyway. The first 2 days I'd say of my "ladytime" I'm really not up for much exercise, but I'll go and do something, even if it's just a little. It makes me feel better in my head, knowing I've done something.

Just do what you can, even if it's not as good as usual, at least then you can tell yourself "I did my best" and it's only for a few days right? :smile: Remember, if you hadn't made this change, this new healthy lifestyle (MFP, exercising etc) what would you be doing?Probably a lot less. Once you get in the habit, it'll get easier, and the motivation will come even if you do still feel a bit drained.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    It's a bad time for me too. BUT then I remember how much my walks/working out help my cramps, and I suck it up and do it. But yes, getting that motivation is hard!
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    It's a struggle for me as well. All I want is chocolate ice-cream. On top of that, I lose at least a week of exercising because TOM drains my energy and it makes me feel so uncomfortable.
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    "you had a 10lb baby completely natural, these cramps are nothing" followed by "you ARE a strong woman" LOL!!

This is what I do too! I intentionally forced a child out drug free, but I can't overcome "that time of the month?"Just get my lazy butt out of bed, stop being such a wimp! haha
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Lady time just hit me today, I'm ready to tear someone's head off, I'm exhausted and I did not want to move a muscle.

It really sucks.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Are there any other ladies out there that lose motivation or feel completely drained during your "lady time"? I could not even workout yesterday nor could I get past the warm up of my Insanity today. Not like me at all. I HATE this feeling. I REALLY want to get back on track!
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    me too! but I have found that if I push myself to do something for at least 10-15 minutes, even just walking around the block and drink extra fluids I tend to feel better. The extra liquids help reduce cramps and back pain and extra caffiene helps the headaches. As for cravings, I often try to get something of high quality, like really good chocolate, and then take my time eating it and find that the craving is gone (or at least less annoying enough to ignore) after a small piece. If I just cave and get somethng from the vending machine or equal quality, I eat the entire thing.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Yes. I always have trouble getting through my workouts during that time. Just push through it and eat a little extra if you need it (not too much but a little).
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    me too! sometimes I just have to take that week off, feel so tired and drained.
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I am not the only one :laugh:
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I crave salt and carbs and get bloated and swollen on top of already being bloated and swollen... it's misery!!!
  • whitneysaenz
    whitneysaenz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I usually don't/won't work out on day 1 because I always get a fever... weird, I know. But after that I will work out even if I don't want to because it makes me feel better afterwards.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Yes... sometimes... but sometimes I just don't have motivation period and it's not really related to anything other than I just don't want to. :ohwell: