HCG Ultra...your thoughts??

Options
Someone showed me a product called HCG Ultra and I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I don't know a whole lot about it other than it's kind of expensive. Has anyone here tried it? If so, what were your results?...were you able to keep the weight off??

http://www659.myhcgultradrops.com/index.php

:huh:

Replies

• MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think not only is it UNSAFE, it is short term. 2 of my cousins did the HCG diet and they are now both bigger than they started out. Sure they lost some weight initially. Who wouldn't eating 500 calories a day? But then their bodies freaked out and packed on even more.
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    It is unsafe and short term only. Whatever you lose, you will most likely gain back because you will have not changed your lifestyle. Save your money and skip that junk.
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Ok, thanks. I don't know much about the product and didn't realize you could only consume 500 calories per day...that definitely wouldn't work for me.

Thanks for your input.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,719 Member
    Options
    Ultra scam.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    i know someone who did it before she went to mexico.. she dropped like 40 lbs before mexico.. she looked hot when she got there...

and then she ate..
    and gained every pound back... including the 30 she packed on in mexico...
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Ok, thanks. I don't know much about the product and didn't realize you could only consume 500 calories per day...that definitely wouldn't work for me.

Thanks for your input.

Yup.

Glad to see you're not using this.

You've lost 21 lbs already, and that is awesome. Obviously what you're doing is working so keep doing it.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Please don't do it, it is so unsafe both in the short term and long term. You can lose weight the healthy way and keep it off.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    On the side of the page the ad is for a class action settlement against HCG. You'd think that would be enough. Nope. People still defend it.

Good on you for checking here first and getting the truth. I love when MFP can keep someone away from a dangerous fad diet. Warms my cold, dead heart.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Someone showed me a product called HCG Ultra and I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I don't know a whole lot about it other than it's kind of expensive. Has anyone here tried it? If so, what were your results?...were you able to keep the weight off??

http://www659.myhcgultradrops.com/index.php

:huh:

Looks to me that you are well on your way to a healthy lifestyle, why sabotage it with fads, pills, drops, or voodoo? They don’t work, it’s all of the stuff that you do with it (diet or exercise) that “works” and most of the time the accompanied “plans” are unhealthy and impossible to maintain over the long term. You keep sticking with your long term plan. I don’t know about yours, but mine is to eat relatively healthy, exercise like a freak, and live for another 100 years because this isn’t just about today, it’s about all the days following it as well.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Eat well-balanced, nutritious meals and snacks in sensible portions, indulge cravings sensibly, move your body, and drink water.

Do not consume pregnant lady pee.

...unless it's a fetish of yours, in which case just do it for the enjoyment factor and not to lose weight.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    You are 21 lbs down. Keep going, just you =) All of those fad diets work for a little while by putting your body into starvation mode.. as soon as you start eating again, your body stores it double time!
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    HCG Ultra is a great and effective product.

When it comes to scamming you out of money.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Is that the same thing as the Cat Pee Diet or the ad with the old 70 year old man with a 20 year olds body?

Don't fall for these type of products. Just do it yourself. yeah it may take longer but the results are well worth it
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion? its cheatig, disgusting and you're better off doing this all the only way that comes with a guarantee.

Eat healthy.
    Exercise doing workouts that use both type of muscle fibers
    Drink your water
    Get enough sleep

Health GUARANTEED
  • specialkyc
    Options
    Do not consume pregnant lady pee.

...unless it's a fetish of yours, in which case just do it for the enjoyment factor and not to lose weight.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • specialkyc
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have made my decision thanks to all of your help. :heart:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    This may be the most successful HCG thread ever.

We're WINNING! *sniff* I'm so proud of all of you for hanging in there. :love: :tongue:
  • specialkyc
    Options

We're WINNING! *sniff* I'm so proud of all of you for hanging in there. :love: :tongue:

:drinker:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Ah I miss the old days. There would be at least a few dingbats saying "It's great! A doctor in Mexico give me the pills in a brown paper bag. The hair that's falling out of my head is really adding to my weight loss. I'd finish this sentence but I'm literally starv..."
This discussion has been closed.