Please Please please, hid my scale!!!!

Options
I'm a daily weigher, I can't help it, sometimes twice a day! Normally I think it's a good thing, it keeps me on track but on Thursday I'm expecting my period and I know if I step on the scale this next week I'm going to be upset!
Tomorrow I weigh in for my June starters group and after that I might tell my bf to hid the scale, I'm just nervous because in the past as soon as I stop weighing myself I start gaining!!!!

Replies

• MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain I have the same addiction. I wish I could just do it 1 time a week but I am on it everyday!
  • shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    Options
    I'm the same way. My roommate moved my scale last night and I couldn't find it this morning. I was freaking out.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Do you keep your scale out? I keep mine in the cupboard under the sink.....out of sight out of mind. I am a weekly weigher, always have been. But if mine were sitting out in plain sight it would probably be tempting sometimes to sneak a peak.

So literally hide it away in a cupboard and you may be surprised that you don't think about it when you can't see it. Or better yet, put it somewhere other than the bathroom. If you have to actually go get it from another room all the time, that may kill some of the temptation.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Do you keep your scale out? I keep mine in the cupboard under the sink.....out of sight out of mind. I am a weekly weigher, always have been. But if mine were sitting out in plain sight it would probably be tempting sometimes to sneak a peak.

So literally hide it away in a cupboard and you may be surprised that you don't think about it when you can't see it. Or better yet, put it somewhere other than the bathroom. If you have to actually go get it from another room all the time, that may kill some of the temptation.

I'd have to literally get my bf to hid it somewhere I dont' know about, it's to the point where if I get up to pee in the night, I'm on the scale! Normally not a problem but I just dont' want to be upset all week whiel I'm on my period, it's hard enough as it is to deal with!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    me too. i started mine on Sunday & my scale has done nothing but disappoint me since. weigh in is tomorrow & unless I lose 5lbs overnight, I'll be up from last week. once a month mother nature completely knocks me off course. :grumble: hang in there, you'll make it :flowerforyou:
  • melissalynnlarue
    melissalynnlarue Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    We are moving in a couple of weeks, and I actually packed my scale away in a box that does not need to be unpacked for quite some time. I am an addict weigher, too, but I haven't even been tempted to go to that box yet. I also took the battery out and put it back in the cupboard... that way I'm making it REALLY inconvenient for myself to weigh myself!!

So, in the meantime, I'm sticking to my cals, exercising.. and I don't have to worry about TOM for a little while yet as I just had a baby 10 weeks ago and should be 'safe' for another 2 or 3 months!! :)