Cellulite . . . UGH!

Options
Will cardio, along with weight loss, get rid of cellulite?

Replies

• Vespyr
    Vespyr Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I've had cellulite issues since I was 10!...damn genetics. I've found that heavy lifting, squats, lunges are the only things that touch it. Cardio did help a bit, but I'm noticing bigger/faster changes with the weights. You can't get rid of it, only minimize it.
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    it hasn't done a single thing for my cellulite :(
  • ashmarie484
    ashmarie484 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Weight training helps, Ive heard. Building the muscle shrink the fat cells but it wont go completely away. (I read this dont know if its 100% true)
  • rita7601
    rita7601 Posts: 1
    Options
    Cellulite is usually there to stay. But to minimize the appearance, you have to do lots of squats and thigh exercises like lunges so tthe muscle blocks the appearance of the cellulite. And keep the skin (largest organ of the body) well hydrated with plenty of water. The more elasticity in your skin, the less appearance of cellulite.
  • TLL09
    TLL09 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My friend swears by a scrub made of coffee grounds (used or not) and grapeseed oil. She says she scrubs her legs with it for a minute each day in the shower and then rinses it off, her legs do look great! Good Luck!
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Lots of running has helped for me. (I do about 25 miles a week.)
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    If your genes allow for it, then yes. But if you're genetically prone to cellulite, you're stuck with it.

Aside from diet and exercise, and drinking lots of water, that Nivea Goodbye Cellulite cream/gel stuff actually does minimize the appearance of cellulite. I had noticeable results on some problem areas of mine after using it for a couple months!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    a good tan, real or fake helps reduce some of the look of it. DOesn't get rid of it, but tan cellulite and pale cellulite look way different.
  • Jess81620
    Jess81620 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. I have had cellulite since I was 16 or 17 and I only weighted around 102 in college and still had it.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Weight training helps, Ive heard. Building the muscle shrink the fat cells but it wont go completely away. (I read this dont know if its 100% true)

I significantly *reduced my cellulite when I brought weight training into my life. It's possible.
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I highly doubt mine will ever go away.. I've had it even at my lowest weight and that was 140... =(
  • coolcatcan
    coolcatcan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    What really helped with my cellulite is strength training, squats and lunges. I barely have any cellulite now. Unfortunately, genetics plays a big part. Not sure if you can get rid of it all, but you can definitely really minimize it. Building muscle helps really minimize that nasty cellulite. I've read mangos, apples, and pineapples are really good for minimizing cellulite as well. Be patient, it takes time. Oh and water, water, water! Stay away from caffeine as it makes the appearance worse.

Hopes this helps...
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Try yoga. It helps with circulation.
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is usually there to stay. But to minimize the appearance, you have to do lots of squats and thigh exercises like lunges so tthe muscle blocks the appearance of the cellulite. And keep the skin (largest organ of the body) well hydrated with plenty of water. The more elasticity in your skin, the less appearance of cellulite.

Agree! All of the above minimized mine :) Cardio alone won't do much.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    There are various ways you can shrink the fat cells, but I have yet to find anything effective and have given up. How much you have is due to genetics, so good luck in your endeavor!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I'm SO genetically prone to cellulite and have had it ever since high school even though I was active about 4 hours a day.

Here's what really helped:
    1. Lots of water
    2. No caffeine
    3. Squats & Lunges
    4. Lowering the fat in my diet

Good luck!
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Weight training and good nutrition, that's all I can offer.

I think everyone has atleast a little cellulite, so try not to get so hung up on it. (easier said then done, I know.)
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    I've lost about 30lbs all together since January, and it's made a huge difference for me! I do walking/jogging and pilates, along with a little weight lifting and things like squats and lunges. I do still have some(on my booty! =P), but it looks so much better than it did before.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I used to have cellulite on my thighs, under my butt which I hated. Mine has disappeared thanks to running, squats and lunges.
  • gingerlynnlove
    gingerlynnlove Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I used to have cellulite on my thighs, under my butt which I hated. Mine has disappeared thanks to running, squats and lunges.

This is my problem exactly.. grrr hate it!