scale

Options
Dont know if this is the right place to post this or not. But I was just wondering if anyone had the curves scale that measures bone mass. body mass and hydration levels? I was just curious how accurate it is and if you recommend it. I was thinking of buying but, But dont want to drop 40 bucks if it doesn't work well. Thanks everyone!

Replies

• Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I was just sitting here thinking I need a new scale so I'm curious as well!
  • JWalker514
    JWalker514 Posts: 87
    Options
    Yea I have a weight watchers one that I really like, but its in storage right now. And the one at my dads isn't digital. ( Staying at my dads while my husband is in Afghanistan.) So I really want to get a good one and saw the curves one in my avon book.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Scales that say they do your body fat % aren't all that accurate and I wouldn't waste your money on it.
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    We just bought a scale by Homedics. I don't think it does anything with body fat, but it has a progress tracker. It remembers the last weight you were and shows total pounds lost and % of total weight loss. It also has a 4 user memory.

We only have had it for a couple of days, but so far so good.
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    If you want a true and accurate body fat reading I'd recommend you find a BodPod in your area. They are almost as accurate as the underwater weighing method.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I have the WW one that does all that and although I dropped about 50$ Canadian on it, I don't use the BD/BF% or H2O gizmos on it. I do like that it measures ozs so if you have lost even an "insignificant" amount, it shows up :glasses: :tongue:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Scales that say they do your body fat % aren't all that accurate and I wouldn't waste your money on it.
    Agree here you need to have tests done to get this accurate, I bought a cheapo from Walgreens for like $10, never fails, can jump on and off like 10 times in a row and it'll always say the same thing:wink: Think it's called Wellox something like that, it's glass.