A COW on the HORSE trails!!

Options
Good Morning All!!

Ok....So i didn't really feel like a cow (lol) i just thought it was a cute title! However, I DID hike the horse trails by my house last night. I had never been on them and i figured it would be a fun alternative from the track at the high school. I HIKED 5.7 MILES YESTERDAY!!! WOOT! WOOT! I had my ipod on and my water bottle an i just "hit the trails". I sometimes found my self tired and wanting to turn around, but I just changed the song to a fast paced one and started walking to the beat! When i was done, I had my mom come get me. Haha, my jeep was 5.7 miles away! ( oops!:laugh: ) When I was done, I HAD to call my boyfriend and tell him. He didn't believe me at first ( I could hardly believe it myself) but once I convinced him he told me how proud he was!:blushing:

I plan on doing it again tonight, just from finish to start this time! Gotta change up the scenery!:wink: lol
OH! and this time, Im taking my sister with me, and we are parking one car at the start and one at the finish :laugh:

Replies

• oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    whoot whoot!:happy: :happy:

exciting! fun!
    it is so nice to read/hear about people having fun/getting "lost" in good stuff.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Good job!! Sounds like lots of fun :drinker: Enjoy it tonight with your sis.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    On the weekends, my hubby and I take our puppies to the lake and they have a 5 mile trail that we walk the dogs.....................

They love being out in nature and it is good exercise for all 4 of us and we spend time as a family too. :love: :love:
  • skearns
    skearns Posts: 16
    Options
    Good for you! Hiking is FUN! It's one of our favorite activities and it's so good for you.

However--IMPORTANT SAFETY POINT!

Unless you live in a highly urban environment, Do NOT hike trails with your iPod on.

If there are rattlesnakes where you hike, you cannot hear the warning rattle with your iPod on!!! This applies to hearing other critters you might encounter as well--four OR two-legged.

You must be alert to your surroundings when hiking. So please, save the iPod for safe places like your treadmill at home or at the gym.
  • cowboyscrush
    Options
    Good for you! Hiking is FUN! It's one of our favorite activities and it's so good for you.

However--IMPORTANT SAFETY POINT!

Unless you live in a highly urban environment, Do NOT hike trails with your iPod on.

If there are rattlesnakes where you hike, you cannot hear the warning rattle with your iPod on!!! This applies to hearing other critters you might encounter as well--four OR two-legged.

You must be alert to your surroundings when hiking. So please, save the iPod for safe places like your treadmill at home or at the gym.

Thanks for lookin out skearns!! I just put one headphone in when I hike but I appreciate the concern!!
    :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!