Favorite Ground Turkey Recipes....

Options
2»

Replies

• 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I loveee turkey chili. My mom has a pretty easy recipe but I see there are already some here.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Try Skinnytaste.com ! She's got great recipes on there.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com - buffalo turkey burgers
    Greenlitebites.com - turkey, spinach lasagna roll ups
    Stuffed peppers
    Turkey chili
    Turkey meatballs
  • ixchel78
    ixchel78 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sloppy Joes with ground turkey!

I use the Super Sloppy Joes recipe from Rachel Ray and just omit the sugar for a couple packs of Splenda or brown sugar Splenda for sweetness. Serve on half a whole wheat bun and add in some homemade oven fries or sweet potato fries. Great if you have kiddos too.
  • dmmihelcic
    dmmihelcic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Chili!
    Just substitute the turkey for beef.
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Jamie Eason turkey muffin recipe... find it at bodybuilding.com They really are tasty, super easy to make and a great protein packed snack on the go. You can modify the flavors anyway you want. :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i also just cook it up crumbled and will add a tablespoon or so in my eggs for extra protein
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    These turkey burgers are fantastic and the same recipe makes a great meatloaf too! I top mine with just mustard and cranberry sauce and it reminds me of turkey dinner :)

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/cranberry_herb_turkey_burgers.html
  • MeMountainMom
    MeMountainMom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Casserole
    Turkey
    Spinach
    Whole wheat pasta
    Your fav sauce

Yum!
  • klakers3
    klakers3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I make turkey burgers and cook on my foreman grill....I add box of thawed chopped spinach, 1 egg, craisins or fresh cranberries, chopped walnuts, some chopped granny smith apple if I have it, 1/3 cup of finely ground dry oatmeal.....mix it all together and make patties. Usally you can make at least 6. I serve on a sandwich thin with some wholeberry cranberry sauce mixed with mayo.

I also use it to make taco salad added the ortega taco spices to the turkey. I just put it on a bunch of chopped romaine, add some cherry tomatoes and some shredded low fat mexican blend cheese

Both of those sound delicious!! Yum!
  • livestar
    livestar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    i gotta get in on this
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I made 2 minced (Ground) Turkey recipes this week- both were delicious!

1. Larb (Thai ground chicken/turkey/pork salad)- turkey sauteed with garlic, chilli pepper, ginger then mixed with a dressing made out of thai fish sauce, sugar & lime juice. Add plenty of chopped coriander (Cilantro) and mint and then add coleslaw/stir fry veggies and crushed peanuts to garnish.

It is SERIOUSLY yummy!!!

2. Moroccan Turkey meatball tagine (Kefta)- served with herbed cous cous.

Meatballs: 1 pack minced (Ground) Turkey, 1 egg, 1 small onion- finely chopped, 1.5 tsp ras al hanout (Middle eastern spice mix**)

** If you cant get the spice mix make your own using 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp ground coriander, 1/4 tsp paprika.

Make the meatballs then leave to chill & Firm for 1 hour in the fridge, then bake in oven for 10 mins (They just need part cooking as they will be added to the tagine sauce).

Tagine Sauce: 3 crushed garlic cloves, 1 large onion- chopped, 1 can chopped tomatoes, 1-2 chopped bell peppers (any colour), 2 tsp honey, 50g chopped dried apricots, 1 tsp parika, 1 chopped chilli/ 1tsp chilli flakes (optional) bunch fresh chopped parsley. Handful of flaked toasted almonds for garnish.

Make the meatballs as per stage 1, and make the sauce- then add the meatballs to the sauce and simmer on low for 10 further mins.

Serve with cous cous mixed with lemon juice, fresh chopped parsley, raisins/sultanas & fresh coriander (cilantro)
  • Gorussell
    Gorussell Posts: 18
    Options
    Yummm
  • Gorussell
    Gorussell Posts: 18
    Options
    We make turkey burgers on the grill. We add salsa to the ground turkey Make patties and grill.
  • thebuz
    thebuz Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    This is a delicious recipe me and my boyfriend found and it's really tasty. My guy is a meat and potatoes guy but he requests these on a regular basis.

Mediterranean Turkey Burgers

Serve a light and fresh turkey burger flavored with pesto and feta cheese. A spicy and creamy tzatziki sauce is great spread on the burgers or served on the side for dipping.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 stuffed pita half)

Recipe Time

Prep Time: 30 Minutes

Nutritional Information

Amount per serving Calories: 303
    Fat: 8.8g
    Saturated fat: 2.9g
    Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
    Protein: 33g
    Carbohydrate: 24.3g
    Fiber: 3g
    Cholesterol: 56mg
    Iron: 1.9mg
    Sodium: 595mg
    Calcium: 101mg

Ingredients

1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
    1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese
    1 tablespoon minced red onion
    2 tablespoons commercial pesto
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 pound ground turkey breast
    1 garlic clove, minced
    Cooking spray
    2 cups arugula
    2 (6-inch) whole-wheat pitas, toasted and halved

Preparation
    1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl; mix until combined. Divide panko mixture into 4 portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick oval patty.
    2. Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Place 1 patty and 1/2 cup arugula in each pita half.
    Tzatziki sauce: Combine 1/2 cup plain low-fat, Greek-style yogurt; 1/4 cup finely chopped seeded cucumber; 1/4 teaspoon salt; and 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper. Serve with sliced bell pepper and celery sticks.
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    This is a delicious recipe me and my boyfriend found and it's really tasty. My guy is a meat and potatoes guy but he requests these on a regular basis.

Mediterranean Turkey Burgers

Serve a light and fresh turkey burger flavored with pesto and feta cheese. A spicy and creamy tzatziki sauce is great spread on the burgers or served on the side for dipping.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 stuffed pita half)

Recipe Time

Prep Time: 30 Minutes

Nutritional Information

Amount per serving Calories: 303
    Fat: 8.8g
    Saturated fat: 2.9g
    Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
    Protein: 33g
    Carbohydrate: 24.3g
    Fiber: 3g
    Cholesterol: 56mg
    Iron: 1.9mg
    Sodium: 595mg
    Calcium: 101mg

Ingredients

1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
    1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese
    1 tablespoon minced red onion
    2 tablespoons commercial pesto
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 pound ground turkey breast
    1 garlic clove, minced
    Cooking spray
    2 cups arugula
    2 (6-inch) whole-wheat pitas, toasted and halved

Preparation
    1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl; mix until combined. Divide panko mixture into 4 portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick oval patty.
    2. Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Place 1 patty and 1/2 cup arugula in each pita half.
    Tzatziki sauce: Combine 1/2 cup plain low-fat, Greek-style yogurt; 1/4 cup finely chopped seeded cucumber; 1/4 teaspoon salt; and 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper. Serve with sliced bell pepper and celery sticks.

This sounds amazing! Gotta try it!
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    bump