Does this exist?

Options
I'm looking for an online tool that would provide me with meal ideas based on nutrient requirements for that meal. Reason being, there are often times I am trying to plot out my meals for the day, and once I enter a couple into my food diary, I end up with X-amount of calories, carbs, fat, and protein left over that I need to create one more meal out of. Sure I can manually figure out that it would equate to 5oz of chicken, 2 cups of broccoli, and a bit of olive oil, but how cool would it be to just enter the necessary values and have a meal suggestion/recipe spit out for you?

Does that exist? :) I figure with as many recipe website as there are out there that provide the macronutrient details at the end of the recipe, for sure someone's created an indexed copy that could be queried. And if not, back off, it's my idea and I'm getting rich off it! LOL!

Replies

• TGKvr
    TGKvr Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great idea! I always thought it would be cool to have something similar, but with ingredients. If it exists, I haven't seen it.
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    OMG! Check this out! Yay for outloud thinking and then searching google.

http://swole.me/

You can even change the macro nutrient values to match what you're after. This is totally awesome. Yay!
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    there is totally such a freakin website and i can NOT remember it right now. i will definitely get back to you asap once i remember!
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    OMG! Check this out! Yay for outloud thinking and then searching google.

http://swole.me/

You can even change the macro nutrient values to match what you're after. This is totally awesome. Yay!

^ and there it is!
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    LOL that's awesome! this website is COOL!

You can set your macro requirements, calories, how many meals. You can even drag/drop food items into your meal categories, that way it's not spitting out options you wouldn't enjoy. Like, my first round, it was suggesting cottage cheese. i hate that crap! I modified the foods from which the generator will select, and now it's custom for me, based on my calorie and macro requirements, number of meals per day, and foods i actually like!

wicked!!