Failure stories for a change!

Options

Replies

• RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    The holidays are my failure time. Cookies, cake, bread, and on and on and on.
  • Iddjoe
    Iddjoe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Someone mentioned joining Weigh Watchers as their biggest failure story... Same here! I was there for a month, and GAINED WEIGHT!!! They had me eating so many points, I was eating more than I would have before I joined WW. I gained around 5 - 10 pounds. Talk about depressing.

Now, I'm eating 1200-1500 calories, Using Bistro MD to plan my meals during the week, eating sensibly (but more enjoyably) on the weekends, and I've lost 27 pounds in a little over a month.

That counts a vacation I took last week, where I didn't track anything, and I only gained one pound!!!
  • Emily_Katherine
    Options
    I started highschool slim and was an athlete (weight training 3-6 days a week) from grades 8 through 12. Throughout highschool I weighed 110-120 lbs and had a lot of muscle mass. I also had terrible eating habits, I would hardly eat anything some days and then eat a ton other days. Then, when I graduated, my family moved and I quit weight training. I put on 10-20 pounds and genetics and hormones caught up with my former b-cups. At my heaviest I was probably around 140; my clothes didn't fit well and I felt terrible. I have since adopted a healthier, more active lifestyle and my weight sits around 120-125. I am happiest at 120, but 125 seems to be where I land if I am not paying attention (like the past few weeks). My failure is that I cannot seem to balance healthy weight and habits with a healthy body image.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    My biggest failure story: Getting sucked into MFP all day and not accomplishing anything. Crap...that happened again today :tongue:

I think that might be me sometimes! For the 30 minutes I'm on I should be exercising!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of us go up and down.
    I just got back from a 3 day vacation and weighed in 4 lbs up this AM. I did NOT log that.
    It might be semantics, but I don't see failure and success in black and white. I have good times and bad times, ups and downs. Sometimes I have a bad HOUR in the middle of an otherwise awesome day. My friends see that by reading my logs and b/c I tend to call myself out on it in my status... Not to be negative, but to be honest with myself.
    But yeah, if I'd failed completely, I wouldn't be here.

I'm no Pollyanna in my day-to-day life, but I tend to be more positive on MFP because I think it helps people out. I get what you're saying though... we all mess up and it's nice to know that you're not the only one.

And I think if you follow the forums, you'll find lots of folks who are struggling but most people try to respond with positive comments, because beating each other up doesn't do much good.

Good luck! Hope you hang in there with us!
    Jen
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi Gwynth, I have tried different diets over the years and had a littleuccess with the Adtkins about 5 or 6 yrs ago. I found I have no selfcontrol if I have sweets in the house. I live alone so it is a little easier for me. But about 6 weeks ago I bought a bag of cookies and a box of 12 ice cream bars. I figured they would last me about a week. They lasted a day and a half. About a month ago, I decided to get a notebook and write down every single thing I eat everyday and track the calories. I do jog about 4 or 5 times a week usually 2 1/2 to 3 miles. I'm 76 so I don't go really fast, but not bad. I found by not having the treats in the house I have been able to after 3 weeks or so get them out of my system'
    Although I am 76 ,I am in excellent health. When I started writing everything down, I just started my 3rd week last friday I lost 8 lbs.
    I weighed 230 lbs and I am determined to get under 200.

Basil
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    failure or part of the weight loss process?

Sure I have tried things that didn't work but weight gain and loss is so gradual it is hard to define as a "failure".

Have I pulled a muscle lifting weights?

Have I failed many weight loss attempts

Did I take a 2 year break from running on my treadmill that I bought even when I couldn't afford it?

Have I purchased certain health foods that I wasted money on and threw out cause they didn't agree with my body?

Have I eaten too much fast food?

Do I find my stomach fat and ugly from my past habits?

Yes to all

I dunno call me an over analyzer I don't care.... :)
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    After I had my second son, I did weight watchers. I lost the weight and started running and lifting. I rocked the bikini that summer :happy:

Now, my son is 6 years old and I'm still trying to get back to rocking a bikini, maybe.... Why???

Because I FAILED at MAINTENANCE.

Note to self...you can't just stop eating healthy & working out and expect the muffin top to stay away :sad:
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My biggest failure story: Getting sucked into MFP all day and not accomplishing anything. Crap...that happened again today :tongue:

hahahaha meeeeeeee too
    '

me every day! hahah
  • jparker12379
    jparker12379 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

URGH so glad I am not the only one :-)
  • jparker12379
    jparker12379 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    dup post ... srry
  • rininger85
    rininger85 Posts: 131
    Options
    my failure is that two years ago I lost 30 lbs, went from 240lbs to 210lbs, my goal was 200 lbs... I quit exercising and tracking my food and now two years later I stepped on the scale and was 250lbs and decided I better start tracking my food / working out again... I'm down to 236 now, but just imagine where I could be at if I hadn't given up and had been tracking food / exercising for the past 2 years the way I was when I lost 30lbs... I'd be a healthy weight by now! So here I am, goal is 200 again and once I get there (and I WILL get there!) then I'll aim for something lower... now that I found MFP and can track my calories on my android there is little to no excuse for me not to keep track of them... before I was writing it all down by hand which was tedious =)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    People who fail that badly end up going away for a year, then come back on with"new dedication" only to disappear after a few months.
  • gonna_do_it_56
    gonna_do_it_56 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this.its a good thread...:flowerforyou:
  • mattjennoe
    mattjennoe Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes it is consuming!
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Anyone willing to share their failure stories for a change? the success stories are great but honestly, is there no one out there who has flopped on MFP, given up or just can't can't get started? You can't all be perfect and lost hundreds of kilos!!

You are soooooo wrong.... Actually everyone i'm friends with here on mfp is perfect. You should get better friends. :noway:
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    You know, you lookin at a winna....
  • CapsFan17
    CapsFan17 Posts: 198
    Options
    my first gain was last month. i gained 4 pounds and i was like f it!! but i still ate well and realized i changed alot of bad habbits and actually prefer to eat better things. After a few days of poor me i got re motivated and am back on track ready to kick *kitten*!

Are we twins? Cause I had the exact same thing last month.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    The worst failure I have had, since I started this weight loss journey was about 2 weeks ago. I was doing a Gin Miller Kettlebell workout. I was to a part that you circle your body with the kettlebell, switching it from one hand to the other. I was feeling pretty confident, so I sped it up a bit, then a bit more. Then the darn kettlebell went flying across the room, breaking my fingernail off backward (To the quick) and taking it with it. FAIL

At least I missed the big screen and my nail has grown mostly back now!

Hahahaha!
  • msradio
    msradio Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Nobody's perfect...but what would be the point of a "failure" story?
    I guess I would have to answer that question with this becuz without failure there would be no success. I guess it's how a person loooks at things, but again we all look at thins differently.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!