DOWN WITH THE SCALE!!!

Options
So I've become obsessed with the scale...and it must end. The scale tells me I've made very little progress...my new pants tell me otherwise.

Starting today I am not going to weight myself until my birthday which is August 30th. I have a mini goal to reach 175 by then and I am not going to let the scale taunt me.

It is going to be very hard :indifferent: I don't see my results when I loose 2 or three pounds, but if I follow my nutrition plan (which I've cheated on everyday since Friday:grumble: ) and work out at least 5-7 days a week, then I should not have to step on that darn scale every morning.

Everyone is welcome to join me in this if you also have the scale addiction...:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I just posted a thread this morning begging someone to please take my scale away from me!! I'm going to try and see if I can go down to 3 weigh ins a week and then hopefully get down to one. Baby steps! LOL
  • Daisy_May
    Options
    I just posted a thread this morning begging someone to please take my scale away from me!! I'm going to try and see if I can go down to 3 weigh ins a week and then hopefully get down to one. Baby steps! LOL
  • MRSWESSON
    MRSWESSON Posts: 107
    Options
    Lol I know it! I "say" I weight in Fridays, but thats not counting the million times a week none the less a day I step on it!!! So I already know I can't do once a week, so not at all will suit me, in a month and a half time I can't be disappointed with the results if I do everything I am supposed to!

My Mini goal is 175 but if I am even 185 I would be happy :happy:
  • Daisy_May
    Options
    my mini goal is to be under 200 by my birthday on the 16th, I just can't wait to be in the 100's again!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I step on my flaky unreliable POS bathroom scale pretty regularly, but I only really trust my Wii fit, and I only do that on Friday mornings. That's where I get my weights for my MFP checkins.

Not sure it helps much, but I think it helps a little.
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    oh man, the scale thing! I've done it myself..but I made myself believe that no matter what the scale says its wrong, so I only weigh myself when I go to appointments.
    Just 1.5 weeks ago I restarted MFP and within a week (i was at the MD) I had already lost 2 lbs... its different for everyone, But I can tell myself a lie & make it stick..lmao..:noway: