which decades music ruled?

Options

Replies

• HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Depends....

I like music from every decade...but for rock I definitely like 60's, 70's, and 80's the most.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I was 13 in 1970 and just developing my musical tastes. I have to go with the 70's. Although, as the years and decades passed, the music got harder and harder. I really love metal and really hard rock better than anything, from any decade.
  • CALABRESE3
    CALABRESE3 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    80s without a doubt!
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    90's

Way too easy

YUP..

I third that. Except for the boy bands, which I pretend did not exist. :laugh: The rock AND pop was pretty great.
  • mecmic
    mecmic Posts: 45
    Options
    90's Grunge! Alice in Chains , soundgarden, mother love bone , mudhoney ,nirvana , Temple of the Dog , Deftones.
  • nekoxvampyx
    nekoxvampyx Posts: 163
    Options
    the 90's!!! and of course music from the old great composers such as mozart, vivaldi,paganini, bach etc.. :p
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    60's what?
    70's I can say was solid
    80's was transition phase...Hip Hop was pure, but not yet tested
    90's

Jodeci, H-Town, R Kelly, Wu-Tang, Rakim, Biggie, Jay Z, Puffy, 2 Pac, Beastie Boys, Metallica, Mariah Carey, Nirvana, Backstreet Boys, TLC!, Dre & Snoop, LL Cool J, Will Smith, Foo Fighters, Matchbox 20, Shania Twain, Fugees, NSYNC, Eminem, DMX...I can go on and on

00's is the start of the decline for me
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Actually the correct answer is 75-85...also hip hop blows
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Real music stopped after the 90's. WTF is this crap they listen to these days?? But the 70's stands far above it all.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    90's Grunge! Alice in Chains , soundgarden, mother love bone , mudhoney ,nirvana , Temple of the Dog , Deftones.

These too!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options

Almost anything that started in Seattle was damn good! It must be the breeze coming off the "Sound"!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    90s for sure
  • mecmic
    mecmic Posts: 45
    Options
    Couldn't agree with you more!

Almost anything that started in Seattle was damn good! It must be the breeze coming off the "Sound"!
  • lynnetted43
    lynnetted43 Posts: 252
    Options
    i have to say i love the alternative metal of today.todays soundgarden, better than the 90s. godsmak? never a bad tune. metallica? awesome. nickelback... need i say more. mudvayne, seaven dust, godsmak. oh did i say that already?
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    90's hand down.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    80's and 90's
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I do love how some seem think there is a right or wrong answer. There is not, it's all subjective!

80's
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    the 20s',

the 1720s to be exact the height of the Baroque period. Vivaldi Rocks!!!

:laugh: :laugh:
  • nekoxvampyx
    nekoxvampyx Posts: 163
    Options
    indeed!!! :)
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i think everyone thinks THEIR generation had the best music, but 80s really was the best, hands down !:drinker:

*edited* each decade had its fair share of great songs tho