What do you sweeten/lighten your coffee with?

Options
I really like the flavored creamers, but at 4 or 5 cups of coffee/day (some decaf) that adds up to over 300 calories and God knows how much sugar and processed junk!

What do you use?

Replies

• cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    skim milk
  • BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I use blue agave nectar and unsweetened almond milk
  • Grissay
    Grissay Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup of almond milk and stevia! 10 cal a cup, woop!
  • indigenousnudity
    Options
    Heavy cream and almond milk, sometimes a packet of truvia.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Whole milk and chocolate syrup.

It's worth the calories!
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    I'm bad at these things. I drink my coffee black. Confuses the hell out of the baristas...
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Splenda
  • tiffyree
    tiffyree Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free Torani syrup (like what they have at coffee houses) I think meijers or any large grocery store has it
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Fat free or not sweeet cream,vanilla, or I am trying the limited edition Almond Joy but its not very good like the candy bar is. BTW I only drink 2 cups of coffee some times 3 max.
  • nekoxvampyx
    nekoxvampyx Posts: 163
    Options
    splenda
  • sensationallysassyt
    Options
    I use Sugar Free French Vanilla creamer as well as splenda~~~~Yummmmm
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Honey. About a tablespoon or sometimes a teaspoon if I don't want it too sweet.
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm bad at these things. I drink my coffee black. Confuses the hell out of the baristas...

Haha me too!
  • russeljames
    russeljames Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    yack urine
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    1/8th cup skim milk and a splenda packet. Gotta be good coffee though. No Folgers.
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    i take my coffee with a single little glug of 2% milk, no sweetener. if i MUST have sweetener, i use molasses in with the milk - oh nummy!
  • stitchinhippie
    Options
    I use Sweet Leaf Sweetener (basically just stevia) and a little light cream
  • luviedovie
    luviedovie Posts: 32
    Options
    i use just original coffee mate which is sweet enough so that i dont have to add any sugar. I believe they also have sugar free hazelnut flavor which is super sweet and 15 calories a serving and delicious!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Hazelnut creamer and stevia.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options

Doesn't it, though. I'm actually confused at some restaurants as to how I order a coffee without anything in it. "Regular" coffee at Dunkin Donuts yields you something with enough creamer and sugar in it that I swear the laws of physics are being violated. "Black" will usually yield you 8-10 scoops of sugar, and "nothing" and they'll look at you oddly and hand you an empty coffee cup.

I just make it at home and bring in a thermos. Cheaper, better coffee, and I don't have to learn a different language for every coffee place I (used to) frequent.