Letting it out! (vent)

Options
I started MFP in Febuary. It helped me dramaticaly. Back in Aug 2008 I weighed in at 215 I am now 185. I have come soo far but have hit a road block of stress. I need to let it out, I am hoping it helps me jump this hurtle. In May I was still doing good but the stress kinda started then. My sister gave birth to my neiphew who had to have open heart surgery. He is a true miracle but I was very concerned and it was a realy rough month not knowing if he would make it or recover. Then In June my four year old had swine flue, she almost died and we spent some time in the hospital. I came back to work to find that one of my coworkers had tried to replace me and realy doesnt like me. For 3 weeks she harrased me and did everything she can to get me fired. I finaly got so tired of it and complained. Its better but not gone. Two weeks ago my grandfather passed away. My best friend and I are not getting along right now. My little sister moved back home and my family isnt realy getting along. I also am having alot of pain ( i may have galstones and am waiting for the results from the doctor). With everything that has and is going on I am having the hardest time. I do good all day but in the evening for dinner I find myself stuffing myself. You would think that with the pain it causes and how sick I get I wouldnt do this. I dont know what it is I just cant stop I know I am doing it but dont stop. I have asked my family to help but find myself hiding to eat more or lashing out on them. I would love to kick my own $#! because I know I am being self destructive. I am hoping that by talking about what is stressing me I will not emotionaly eat. I was also very active before this and am finding it very hard to get back. I walk for at least 10 minutes a day but know I need to do so much more. In this time I havent gained but I am not loosing.I would like to get down to 135. I just want to SCREAM!!!!!:mad: :angry: :explode: :devil: :frown: :sad:

Replies

• RB12000
    RB12000 Posts: 43
    Options
    Gosh you really have been through a lot lately! I know its easier said than done, but Stay strong and remember sometimes you have to take care of yourself!! Good luck with everything!! :flowerforyou:
  • indianagranny
    Options
    You can stick with this and do it. The stress has definitely mounted and needed to be let out. So now at supper eat your allotted amount of calories and get up and go for a walk instead of eating more. I have been in your shoes as far as the stuffing myself. It is not going to cure anything and will make things worse if you start putting the weight back on. Think of what you have accomplished and push to accomplish the next 30 pounds. Do this for yourself. Be happy with yourself. GOOD - LUCK. pm me if you want to talk more.
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    :explode: I can relate, back in May I got real stressed & said "F it" to the weight loss thing..
    I got on a scale and realized I gained 11 lbs (may-june)
    That was the day I said OMFG, I need to get back on it, cause if I don't, I'll be a big fat blob. It worked for me, within a week & a half, I lost 2 lbs & this thursday I'll weigh in again.
    I hope that things do get better for you in your life, and I hope your daughter stays healthy..Lord knows I kept my husband, kids & myself in the house 24-7 when it was at its highest.. You can do it!!!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Awww! {{hugs}} Poor thing! First of all congratulations on losing weight. 185 is a nice number, and if you are giving yourself one year to get to your goal, you have lots of time left.
    Your probably not losing weight because of the stress right now. You could either do therapy, or if there is some way you can unwind at the end of the day? Like a nice soak in a warm tub with lavender oil to calm you down?
    When you get the munchies, can you leave the house and take a quick walk? I eat when I am stressed too, and still trying to figure how to avoid it myself. So far the bath thing works for me.:flowerforyou:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    stress tends to make a lot of people over indulge in foods hun....dont beat urself up to bad about it seeing as u already have so much else going on in ur life....I've done the same thing...make it through a day eating good and esp on harder days at dinner time i just lash out on the food and will eat about 30mins longer than everyone else :embarassed: but i learned to make a salad for dinner if i've had a bad day...atleast that way i induldged on lettuce and cucumbers instead...but dont be too hard on urself just do the best that u can without overworking ur brain (not so much ur body that u have to be careful of right now) **HUGS** i hope all gets better which i'm sure eventually it will...just give it time and try to say on course with ur weight loss goals =) u can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • MRSWESSON
    MRSWESSON Posts: 107
    Options
    I started MFP in Febuary. It helped me dramaticaly. Back in Aug 2008 I weighed in at 215 I am now 185. I have come soo far but have hit a road block of stress. I need to let it out, I am hoping it helps me jump this hurtle. In May I was still doing good but the stress kinda started then. My sister gave birth to my neiphew who had to have open heart surgery. He is a true miracle but I was very concerned and it was a realy rough month not knowing if he would make it or recover. Then In June my four year old had swine flue, she almost died and we spent some time in the hospital. I came back to work to find that one of my coworkers had tried to replace me and realy doesnt like me. For 3 weeks she harrased me and did everything she can to get me fired. I finaly got so tired of it and complained. Its better but not gone. Two weeks ago my grandfather passed away. My best friend and I are not getting along right now. My little sister moved back home and my family isnt realy getting along. I also am having alot of pain ( i may have galstones and am waiting for the results from the doctor). With everything that has and is going on I am having the hardest time. I do good all day but in the evening for dinner I find myself stuffing myself. You would think that with the pain it causes and how sick I get I wouldnt do this. I dont know what it is I just cant stop I know I am doing it but dont stop. I have asked my family to help but find myself hiding to eat more or lashing out on them. I would love to kick my own $#! because I know I am being self destructive. I am hoping that by talking about what is stressing me I will not emotionaly eat. I was also very active before this and am finding it very hard to get back. I walk for at least 10 minutes a day but know I need to do so much more. In this time I havent gained but I am not loosing.I would like to get down to 135. I just want to SCREAM!!!!!:mad: :angry: :explode: :devil: :frown: :sad:

The fact you have not gained is such huge progress in itself seriously. This is a lot to go through, and I know you can reach your goal...even if you are not loosing like you would like, remember that everyday you don't gain is also an achievement in itself.

"GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE, THE COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN, AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE"

You can do it...Let go of any time line you have set, the longer you give yourself to reach your goal, the more likely you are to make it to that goal...Mini goals are awesome, but if they are not reached, don't look at what you didn't loose, look at what you didn't gain :flowerforyou:
  • nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support I love this Site!!!!