Breakfast thoughts

Options
I'm curious what folks out there are eating for breakfast. My goals right now are at 1280 calories per day. I've been eating a whole wheat/high fiber english muffin w/ peanut butter, for about 250 calories. I'm not into eggs for breakfast, and I also don't want to 'cook' breakfast every day. Fruit doesn't fill me up, nor does just yogurt.

Any other ideas out there for other breafast options? Does anyone follow a mathematic formula about how many calories I should eat for breakfast? (For example, is 20% of my daily allowance a good number to aim for?)

Thanks!

Replies

• dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal and a piece of fruit...
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    During the week I have a thinkthin protein bar and then mid morning I have a piece of fruit
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    During the week I typically have a Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt and a serving of almonds. On the weekends, I tend to sleep through breakfast LOL.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Just skip breakfast
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I have about 2 cups of watermelon with liberte greek yogurt 0% vanilla. It is sooooo good. I look forward to breakfast every day!
  • Thomakk
    Thomakk Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Nature Valley Fruit & Nut Bar every morning with my coffee.
  • SweetDee80
    SweetDee80 Posts: 62
    Options
    I try to mix it up as much as I can. I like greek yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, cereal or even just some toast with cheese on it. I try to pick something that will keep me full the longest. Usually wears off by 10am either way though :laugh:
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'd skip breakfast if I could, to save more calories for later in the day, but it makes me too grumpy. I eat a pancake made with egg whites and oats :)
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I try to eat eggs with breakfast so I don't get greedy later on. It really works.
    I like baking my eggs in muffin/yorkshire pudding trays.
  • cmayfield3
    cmayfield3 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    For your proportion question, I aim for a 200-calorie breakfast, and my daily goal is 1500. So about 13% to breakfast.
  • iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I drink a green smoothie for breakfast. You make any combination you want but today I had
    4 cups of Kale
    2 cups of Strawberries
    2 bananas
    1 orange

Blend together with water and drink! Healthy and delicious AND you are full because it has about 20 grams of fiber in this 1 smoothie.

Yesterday I had:
    1 cup of Spinach
    1/3 of a cucumber
    6 peaches

Here are more recipes! http://www.rawfamily.com/recipes
  • hebenn01
    hebenn01 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I know it's not "healthy" but for me it's better than starving all morning and then pigging out at lunch (what I have done for years!!) ...but buy some of those frozen breakfast sandwiches...jimmy deans has several low cal options, and wal mart even sells generic versions that are just as good but way cheaper! Easy and filling. LOVE IT.
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have a variety of stuff depending on how much time I have in the morning.

If I have no time I have an instant oatmeal at my desk when I get to work.
    Very little time, a piece of toast with almond butter and sugar free jam (blueberry spread) which I eat as I'm walking to the bus
    about 5-10 minutes, I make a smoothie and drink it at work or on the bus. Here are two recipies
    1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup rice milk, 1tbsp ground flax seed, 1 banana and some blueberries (I change up the fruit I put in a lot!)
    or
    1 cup of rice milk, 1 cup of spinach (or Kale), 1 tbsp ground flax seed, 1 banana and a handful of blueberries (again, I change up the fruit)
    If I have lots of time I have one piece of toast with a laughing cow (light) triangle on it, a piece of Country naturals ham, cut that in half and place a poached egg on each and then sprinkle some epicure chili lime sans sel on it. YUM!
    If it's the weekend and my son begs then I make buckwheat pancakes with blueberries, chocolate chips and almond slivers. Also VERY yummy!
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have rice cakes (3 for 78 cal) with peanut butter, jam or Philadelphia with Cadbury Chocolate, and a large cup of green tea. Sometimes I'll have a banana with this too. Without the banana this generally comes in under 200 cals in total, with the banana it's just under 300.
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I try to eat eggs with breakfast so I don't get greedy later on. It really works.
    I like baking my eggs in muffin/yorkshire pudding trays.
    I love making eggs this way!!!! I make batches and put them in the fridge.
  • toothfairy79
    toothfairy79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    liberty greek yogurt (strawberry or blueberry) with 12 almond and 1tbsp of flax seed (it's very filling) or I like Special K Satisfaction with 1cup Skim milk. It usually run between 250-300 calorie and I eat 1200 cal/day
  • MTrevis
    MTrevis Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions! I'm intrigued by the smoothies - can I use a regular blender? Do I need to cook the veggies? (4 c. kale sounds like a lot, so do I cook it first to shrink it?)
  • pinklily905
    pinklily905 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have been having refrigerator oatmeal almost every day!

http://www.theyummylife.com/blog/2012/03/293/Overnight,+No-Cook+Refrigerator+Oatmeal+--+A+healthy+breakfast+made+in+mason+jars+in+six+different+flavors!

I don't use the chia seeds, and usually use some raspberry yogurt with some cocoa powder, or unsweetened applesauce or pumpkin with cinnamon. I also add some protein powder. Can make a variety of flavors and it's awesome!

Or I just have special k cereal lol
  • katilynnegray
    katilynnegray Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Nope, just stuff it all in. And yes you can use a regular blender. :)