I need support from ....anyone.

Options

Replies

• steeleblue70
    Options
    This is my first time looking at the forums. Sounds like a good idea. I am too much of a loner lately. I joined Inches-A-Weigh last month but I work a full time and part time job so I don't always make it in to work out as often as Id like. I try to at least go 3 times a week. I do the tables then either 1 hour Zumba or 30 minutes treadmill. My progress is slow because I don't like enough veggies and I'm often not interested in eating so my metabolism is very slow. My downfall is carbs.

Good Luck to you all!!! :bigsmile:
  • nen1020
    nen1020 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    6 pounds is great! If you feel like it's not a lot, pick up a 5 pound weight, or some grocery item or whatever that weighs five pounds and tell yourself, ok, I lost this much plus some. Then you realize how much it really is even if the number seems small!

Feel free to add me, anyone. :) Always looking for motivation and people to "*****" with.
  • TelynSmiffy
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am in desperate need of support, encouragement and help. I have let myself go, and the only excuse is, thanks to a bad marriage, I gave up on me! And now I recently looked in the mirror and was horrified by what I saw! My youngest daughter is getting married in September and I DO NOT want to be known as the "fat mother of the bride"! I do good on MFP somedays and others, not so much. I am in an area that does not have a gym and in my job, I am on call for the operating room quite a bit, so I have to be within 20 minutes of the hospital. I love to walk, but here, it's all ups and down hills, which if my pager went off, I'd never make it in time! For health reasons I know I need to loose at least 100lbs and I know it won't be by September, but any support, encouragement and help would be eternally grateful! I've lost a grand total of 9lbs in the past 3 months, but have been a member almost a year! I get discouraged doing this alone......
  • summaryzn
    summaryzn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...115 days in and 23lbs down :)
  • mammdoe1
    mammdoe1 Posts: 4
    Options
    feel free to add me just starting out but we all need to help one another
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    As for workouts I recommend "Jillian Michael's 30 days shred" and keep on going by phases
    Hope this helps mate, if you wanna add me then do it I may be younger but I'll do my best, fat haunts me too :D
    [/quote]

^^This, Jillian Michaels is a BEAST!! But it is a really good workout for only 20 minutes.

Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I've been using myftinesspal since March and I can't do it alone anymore. I did manage to lose a few pounds (6) but, I just don't have anyone pushing me to stay under my calorie count. I also need a little push to go out and exercise, otherwise I'll just end up sitting in front of the television or PS3 eating snacks. Please help.

Posting on the forums is the way to find friends. Feel free to add me & good luck! :smile:
  • rcbeck99
    rcbeck99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Add me! That goes for everyone!
  • Marie3391
    Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • SwtMelissa86
    SwtMelissa86 Posts: 165
    Options
    ADD ME
  • fitgrannie01
    Options
    :smile: Well done you,im only losing a few pounds a week, finally getting into my fitness now so hopefuly the pounds will come off quicker
  • pinklily905
    pinklily905 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • BookofJenny
    BookofJenny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    The support on here is amazing motivation - it really keeps you going when someone is supporting your everyday achievements :) Feel free to add!
  • Johanna1176
    Johanna1176 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    me too, please add me and anyone else too, we can all help each other
  • RichardCMolloy
    RichardCMolloy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm a Dad of 2.
  • wjharris10
    wjharris10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    One way to encourage you to get moving via exercise is to know that the more you exercise the more calories you burn which in essence gives you more calories to eat.... SO YOU DON'T GO OVER! Another thing that gets me going is knowing that I need to workout more than 250 minutes per week in order to effectively lose weight which in the end gives you MORE calories to indulge in (but still remain under).... good luck with everything! And add me as a friend!
  • newfiedreamer
    Options
    hi all well i just start my fitness pal im still not sure if im doing it right but i have been on Ace too for 3 months lost 12 pounds and still going at it:
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Hope I can help in your journey as well. Here's to getting healthy and to great new friends
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me if you want someone who will be super supportive and motivating yet honest when you do your food and exercise logs....