My humble beginnings....

Options
I saw a friend post that someone had found one of their old blog posts from 2009. I forgot that I used to blog all my food and keep track of my feelings via a blog.

If anyone would like to read how this all began for me, please feel free to check out http://snackjunkie.blogspot.com

Replies

• _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I am not consistent enough to keep up with a blog, haha. I can't tell you how many times I have started one.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I kept up with it for quite a while.... I was shocked. It started on Jan 4, 2011
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Here's an excerpt.... Sunday, January 16, 2011

"Good Morning MindBlow or Sit In Your Room Whilst We Eat

I was informed at about 9am this morning that my family thinks I'm an idiot. They do not in any way support my efforts to loose weight and told me that if I wanted to do that, I'm on my own. My mother decided that she's tired of eating healthy stuff and went out and bought $100 worth of junk food. She said that if I don't like it then I just don't get to eat. I was devastated and sick to my stomach most of the day. I sat in my room while everyone else had donuts and popsicles and boudain for breakfast in this big carbs & sugar feast. I cried and listened to them eat. Then, I took my kids to church and informed them on the way that we are not going to live like that. I have decided to skip church for a while and let my boys go without me.

Today, during church time, I walked 3 miles in the rain then went and bought fruits, veggies, whole wheat pasta, light spaghetti sauce, boneless skinless chicken breasts and other stuff that's damn well good for me. I am not letting anyone ruin me or my children. I will not die of a heartattack at 35. I will not be an early onset diabetic. I will no longer breathe hard everytime I walk up the stairs at work. I will no longer grunt when I have to bend over and tie my shoes. I will, eventually, lose half my current body weight and get stronger every day. It's going to happen come hell or high water. This must be done to save my life.

I shouldn't be in my very early 30s and have high blood pressure so extremely high that the doctor tells me to go to the emergency room because I'm going to stroke out. I shouldn't want to sleep all the time instead of playing with my kids. I shouldn't stuff myself until I want to go throw up in the restroom at a restaurant. That's not right. It's not healthy, and I'm 100% afraid to die. Whoever is listening.... I need help. I need the support of the people who aren't my family and aren't plotting against me. It's always been a struggle and will be for the rest of my life, but this is necessary so I can see my children grow up. Oh God Help Me!"