How often do you cheat????

Options
I have been doing this "new life" thing for about a year. The doctor I went to said that I have PCOS...Now Im not so sure....I have read some things about Cushing's Syndrome and think I should be tested. Now to the point

I want to know how often you all "cheat" because I don't want my weight loss to be hindered by my cheating and me think its because I have something that I don't....Doctors don't like you to find stuff online and think you have it. I don't wanna seem crazy..

For the past year (excluding the last month) I thought I was doing good...but maybe not!!

I would have dessert twice a week and not watch my calories so strict on the weekends.
(dessert twice a week was planned with the advice of a nutritionist)

Replies

• Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I give myself one day a week to cheat, usually on the weekends... some people are soo against cheating though..I wish I could not have a cheat day, but then again I believe that if I didin't cheat, I'd never loose weight..:blushing:
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I "cheat" about once a month, I find if I know in a few weeks I'm going to be able to eat or drink something I really want, then I have a much easier time passing it up everyday!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I would let the dessert be my only cheating. I would start counting my calories on weekends too. I feel like if I don't then I will eat more. Just think those are less calories you have to worry about come Monday morning or your next weigh in.
  • marissa4354
    marissa4354 Posts: 140
    Options
    I eat dessert everyday! :bigsmile: But I stay within my calorie limits. I only cheat once a month, twice at most. And I save my cheating days for when I am easily corrupted by my friend's bad eating habits, or on vacation. Even when I'm on vacation though I try to eat well.
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    About every two weeks or so I eat some kind of sweet or something thats appealing.

So... I guess now and then? :flowerforyou:
  • CMJ1979
    CMJ1979 Posts: 42
    Options
    I cheat on the weekends. I do still have small portions of my food and I try not to have too much junky foods. But, my official treat/cheat day is Fridays. I usually get pop, chips and a bar and that will be all I'll have junk food wise.

I've tried restricting myself from certain foods, but then I just crave it more, so I think everything is fine in moderation and everyone has to have something to look forward to after a weeks worth of fruits and vegies.
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    I cheat on the weekends. I do still have small portions of my food and I try not to have too much junky foods. But, my official treat/cheat day is Fridays. I usually get pop, chips and a bar and that will be all I'll have junk food wise.

I've tried restricting myself from certain foods, but then I just crave it more, so I think everything is fine in moderation and everyone has to have something to look forward to after a weeks worth of fruits and vegies.

How much have you lost ?
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I cheat almost every weekend, but be sure i get in some extra exercise on those days, so it pretty much balances out.
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    I eat dessert every day too! my sweet tooth won't allow me to give up dessert. but I try to be smart about dessert and make sure I have the calories for it. sometimes I only need a small square of dark chocolate. cheating is really a relative term because I don't consider eating dessert to be a cheat if I have the calories.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    An actual cheat that goes over my calories on purpose? I give myself a full day off of even knowing how far over I'm going every few months.

As for treats that fit into my calories, at least a few times a week. Except during the TOM crave attack days, I try to schedule those pretty often so I don't end up eating something not on the schedule. Like today ... I get a toaster strudel with breakfast, yum!
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I have 1 free meal each week. That way if I'm craving for something, I just tell myself I can have that on sunday. and by sunday.. most of the time I don't want it any more. It's good for my mental stage that I don't have a limit on what kind of food I can have.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    I don't cheat.

I eat what I want, when I want it. I exercise portion control. Fortunately now that I know so much more about food (some thanks to Banks for his insight) I WANT better foods.

You can't think of it as cheating. Really, what are you cheating on? It's your life, you are making better decisions about your health. Eat what you want, do not restrict yourself.

Now, that said, if what you want is the equal to eating a big vat of animal fat, then maybe you shouldn't be eating that. But if you are talking about dessert, or something that won't shut down your heart when you eat it, then enjoy. Just remember your body uses food as fuel and that's it. The pleasure you get from it is all in your head.
  • MRSWESSON
    MRSWESSON Posts: 107
    Options
    On average I notice I cheat about 4 times a month :grumble: for example I've cheated everyday since Friday :sad: and not worked out :angry: ***SMH***

I usually don't cheat for more then one day though and this happens about 4x a month and involves dessert items or "eating out" blunders:grumble:

Never get discouraged from it and I think it makes it easier to pass up specific foods the majority of the time :bigsmile:

Keep up the good work everyone and don't let one slip up knock you off the course completely!:flowerforyou:
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    Im an idoit. I tried to answer my own post!!:blushing:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with chgudnitz!!!!!!

I don't call it 'cheating' because if I thought I could never have a cookie or brownie again in my entire life without being a cheater I'd not stick with this 'lifestyle change'.

I can have a brownie or cookie if I want. Or Pizza, or whatever it is I want. I just count the calories, and try hard to shave them from another meal.

I have found that as long as I know that I /can/ have it if I want it, it's not that big of a deal. I don't have to have it NOW. I can have it later, or tomorrow or whatever. I don't feel deprived if I know it's all allowed, as long as I do my best to stick to my calories.

I've started to think of food as fuel, instead of food as comfort and that makes all the difference. I don't want to put crappy stuff in my car because I want to keep it running well - therefore I want the same for my body.

That does not mean I can't have something not so great once in a while. It's all allowed.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I don't cheat and I long for the day I can actually eat a burger or have my cake and eat it too...

If I eat these items, I immediately see an increase on the scale. With the amount I workout, I should be able to eat what I want, but can't :sad: