Any mommies of twins?

Options
I gave birth to twins three months ago. I am almost down to my pregnancy weight, but am having a really hard time getting my stomach back. The muscles seem to be so damaged, that they will never be the same. Any mommies of twins out there that know of exercises that help with this??

Replies

• Breezy415
    Breezy415 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Not a mama of twins, BUT I had my son 10 weeks ago, and he was 9lbs 12 oz....sooooo he took up the same amount of room as some twins :-) I think at this point you just have to give it some time....sadly....my poor stomach is SOOOO stretched out! (my 4 year old son was the same weight!)
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Give the tummy some time! It's been three months! It takes any body time to get back in shape and for the skin and muscles to work back. Sometimes, it's easier, and sometimes, as is my case, it's not so easy. I'm back prepregnancy weight but I was slightly overweight to begin with, but my body isn't where I'd like it to be. Just take your time...babies didn't grow in us overnight so I don't think you can expect results overnight. You know what I mean. Hang tight sweetie and love those babies...I can remember when mine were babies and they are five now!
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It fees like mine should still be only 3 months, but somehow they're already 8 months! Time is FLYING by! Enjoy your time with them!

Meanwhile, my stomach/flab is measuring the same as before I got pregnant with mine; unfortunately, it wasn't in too great of shape in the first place because it was nice and flabby from my first child (who was 12 months old when I got pregnant with the twins). I've been doing strength training to try to help things tighten. I've only been doing that for a few weeks though, so I'm not in a position to advise whether or not it's helping yet!:ohwell: I AM feeling stronger in my core, though, which is a huge improvement from 3 months post-partum. I did crunches for a while but now I'm doing planks (which I prefer).

Sorry I can't be much help!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Not a mom of twins but i had my 2 kids very close together. Got pregnant with my son when my daughter was 6 months old. So my stomach was stretched out for 2 years. It started shrinking with time, cardio and good eating habits. Still is nowhere close to flat but it has shrunk.