Free Starbucks pastry today! Good deal???

Options
barbarella
barbarella Posts: 609 Member
The coupon came by email ... free pastry this morning until 10:30!
With purchase of a drink. No prob. My usual Americano is only about $2.00. :drinker:

Starbucks is promoting "Real food. Simply delicious". :flowerforyou:

BUTT (is where it goes!), there are a lot of fricken calories, fat & sugar in those "healthy" treats!

For example, here's the breakdown of my cinnamon chip scone w/icing:

470 cal, 69 carbs, 19 fat, prot 6, sugar 27, sodium 460. YIKES!!!! :sad:

Replies

• Zephyr36608
    Options
    DOUBLE YIKES!!
    Good thing I don't care for Starbucks anyway. Will order a smoothie to be sociable in a group-but I don't do caffeine nor coffee and the two time I've tried some of the yummy looking treats, I was really disappointed-they look better than they taste! :drinker:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    One of the mornign shows did a show awhile ago and one donut was less calories than a piece of low fat blueberry bread....I can't remember it all....I just get oatmeal there if I forget my breakfast :)
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Options
    They are putting out better food options, and I heard their spinach, feta egg wrap is deliciousness and not that bad in stats.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Just cause its free doesnt mean we should eat it!
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Right you guyz are!!!! :flowerforyou:

I know all that and went anyway! :grumble: :noway:

sheeeesh.......... it was disappointing.
    Tasted better heated up though! :laugh:
  • zibbity
    zibbity Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Oh man! I used to work for Starbucks and boy, did I pack on the pounds during that stint. Cinnamon Chip Scones were my favorite AM pastry.

What made it worse, is that if we didn't sell the AM pastries by noon, we would trash them...or they would go home with the employees (me). Yeah. Not the best situation to be in. Especially making your own drinks and adding as much syrups and whip cream as you want. :sick:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I am SOOOO glad that I don't like coffee! Gives me no excuse to go in there and see all the yummy pastries that I would love to gobble up!!! Plus it's easy on the wallet! :happy: