Low calories Breakfast

Options
umer76
umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
My current breakfast of Kellogs cornflakes and semi skimmed milk is costing me minimum of 350 cal. Please advise any interesting breakfast recepies with lesser calories. I am getting bored eating cornflakes without sugar!!!
Thx
Umer

Replies

• 2befit2
    2befit2 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    my favorite breakfast is spinach omelete , steel cut oats, coffee, whole wheat toast with eggs :smile:
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You cant think of anything other then cornflakes without sugar O_o

use skimmed milk, even?

I love pancakes with maple sryup xx
  • umer76
    Options
    How much are your total calories for this breakfast?
  • katca78
    katca78 Posts: 1
    Options
    Berries which are low on the GI - unsweetened vanilla almond milk - Vanilla protein powder
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    plain oatmeal, cinnamon, apple. lots of fiber, not much protein but i have a sweet tooth in the mornings

180 calories ;)
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Eat something more filling, then. Eggs, oats, a protein shake... 350 cals on cornflakes and milk when you could get a decent breakfast for roughly the same calories... or a helluva lot less.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    350 cals for corn flakes is a lot of corn flakes. Is your portion right? I can eat a serving of Kashi go lean crunch with a cup of soy milk for less than 300, and it has protein.
  • Nala411
    Nala411 Posts: 1
    Options
    I love hard boiled egg/s, Oroweat double fiber english muffins with sugarfree jam or a few sprays of I Can't Believe it's not Butter, low cal yogurt sprinkled with flax.
  • missxjuicy
    missxjuicy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Special k red berries 1cup
    Skim milk half a cup
    Strawberries about (7)
    (All under 200 cals) & I do add some truvia to sweeten it.

Also getting some low cal bread:
    adding one tbs. of pb&j
    w. some fruit on the side.
    (Should all be under 300 cals)
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Two eggs scrambled with vege's and a tbls of real bacon bits. Around 200 calories and yummy. Add on extra egg for another 70 cals or just an extra white for 17 cals. Your a guy and you should have a bigger breakfast than even 300 calories.
  • umer76
    Options
    I am taking 75gm cornflakes with 225-250ml semi skimmed milk and that makes 352 calories.
  • umer76
    Options
    I think 2 eggs with spinach and other veggies should be under 250. But there will no slices of bread right? I am really surprised that even the 2 slices of brown bread is around 150 cal.
  • docconnie
    docconnie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lowfat high fiber wrap, scrambled egg, 1 oz lean ham, 1 oz cheese, 2Tsp salsa
    Wrap and brown in nonstick skillet. ONLY 295 Cal
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I think 2 eggs with spinach and other veggies should be under 250. But there will no slices of bread right? I am really surprised that even the 2 slices of brown bread is around 150 cal.

You know, it IS okay to have a breakfast over 250 calories. It's fuel to start your day, you'll benefit from a good meal for it. Some wholemeal bread with your eggs is fine! Personally I'll have protein oatmeal which clocks in at 260 calories, and an hour or two later a snack for 100-200 calories. The only reason I don't eat it all in one go is because I find it hard to eat in the morning.
  • BarbraP44
    BarbraP44 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Quaker old fashioned oats, 1/2 cup dry makes 1 cup of cereal, top off with 1/2 cup raspberries, 1 teas sugar and 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon = 200 calories

Breakstone's cottage cheese doubles with pineapple, nature's own whole wheat thin sliced bagel topped with laughing cow cinnamon cheese = 287 calories

Weight watchers smart ones english muffin with canadian bacon, 1 cup sliced strawberries = 264 calories

Kellogg's low fat neutra grain waffles, top with one cup sliced strawberries, with sugar free low calorie syrup = 240 calories

so many options, just check other people's food diaries.
  • marieteresa41
    Options
    Try 3 egg whites, 1 complete egg, scrambled in low fat spread with 1 to 2 slices of wholemeal bread with rye.

Comes in at around 400 cals with 2 slices of bread.

For lower cals swap the bread out for mushrooms & make a mushroom omelette.

I have found that I don't have to snack until approx 3 hrs after the above (bread option) & it has done my energy levels the world of good :-)

Before changing to eggs I was eating porridge with protien powder added & I would be hungry again within an hr or 2 at the most & then hungry all day.

Happy eating :-)
  • umer76
    Options
    Done it, reduced my breakfast calories intake by 90 calories!! It has worked first day; I had an egg omlete with pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes (will buy spinach next time). I just took one brown bread for now but I might replace the bread with smoothie. Total breakfast calories were 260. Thanks for the advice guys:)
  • Alicita72
    Alicita72 Posts: 5
    Options
    Try using almond milk it has less calories than skim milk & taste great. If you miss the sugar try slicing strrawberries or sprinkling raisins on your corn flakes. Change it up by making a low cal smoothie for breakfast throw in a scoop of protein mix to keep you satisfied longer. Also instead of counting calories watch the carbs if you can do both even better. Good luck!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup quick-cook oatmeal with 1 tsp cinnamon = 80 calories
    1 hard boiled egg = 70 calories

Add coffee and a couple of fish oil supplements, and I eat a ~182 calorie breakfast that has me leaving the breakfast table feeling absolutely stuffed full of food, and gives me 11g of protein, 9g of fat, and 15g of carbs, with only 2 sugar. So I'm not hungry again for some time.
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    this morning I had one brown and serve sausage , two tater tots, quarter cup of southwestern style egg beaters, 1 wedge of laughing cow chipotle cheese, 2 slices of village hearth light italian bread ... was yummo and was 246 calories!