recipe calculator website

Options
alf1163
alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
Hello,

I have a question for those of you who use the sparkrecipe website. I have no problem entering the ingredients of my recipe but when you enter the serving size what is the calculation for? The total calories, is that for the whole dish or for the number of servings I think the recipe will yield.

Thanks!!!!!

Replies

• alf1163
    Options
    Hello,

I have a question for those of you who use the sparkrecipe website. I have no problem entering the ingredients of my recipe but when you enter the serving size what is the calculation for? The total calories, is that for the whole dish or for the number of servings I think the recipe will yield.

Thanks!!!!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    The calculation is for 1 serving of your recipe.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Thanks but how do I know what the serving is?
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Depends how big or small you want the serving to be.
    What recipe are you trying to calculate?

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options
    I used the pillsbury reduced sugar cake mix, classic yellow. But I prepared it the low calorie way with unsweetened applesauce instead of oil and 4 egg whites instead of 3 eggs. Then I made the no cook icing that has sugar, egg white and vanilla extract. That one has 67 calories for 1/12th of the recipe which made a LOT of frosting...the cake box says that 1/12 svg of the cake is 230 but that is not accounting for the low cal substitutions. I really want to learn how to use the recipe calculator. I don't see a place where I put the total number of servings that a recipe yields so then I input the exact individual serving... I appreciate your help!!!