Counting Calories - I hate hate HATE it!

Options
13»

Replies

• CollisionofNova
    Options
    I actually really like it. It's kind of fun lol. Like a game sort of. I don't know maybe it's just me.

Not just you! I like to sit and tinker, see how much I can fit in lol!

I cook a lot and have always improvised...I never follow a recipe. My only "issue" is running back and forth between the kitchen and my computer to enter the weights of the various ingredients I'm using. I do find that I'm starting to stick to the same meals that are easy to weigh and quick to make. If I don't precut my veggies at the beginning of the week, I might not get around to using them because I don't want to cut and then weigh them.
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    If it helps, when you exercise it increases your fat allowance for the day along with the calories! :flowerforyou:
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I actually really like it. It's kind of fun lol. Like a game sort of. I don't know maybe it's just me.

I agree..........a challenge, each day, to make that goal! I have to admit that I feel sucky when I DON'T........but I still enjoy the logging :wink: :wink:
  • finaglingsock
    Options
    For me, it was a huge revelation of how much I snack and sneak things in, and just how unhealthy things like takeout are for me, so at first I hated it. But once you get recipes stored, it's not too bad. It's just a matter of prioritizing.
  • ClassicPearl
    ClassicPearl Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I was talking with one of my trainers last night...........I feel like MOST of the struggle of losing weight and getting fit is mental.

It's all a choice. If you chose to hate it, and chose that it's going to suck........it will. When I started this whole thing I went into all of it TOTALLY positive. I love eating healthy, I love being knowledgeable about my food choices, I love treating myself well. I supposed I could chose to see only the negative and be miserable about it, but every minute I spend being miserable is 60 of happiness lost. ;) So I just chose to love this journey.

^ Love this. I agree!
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I was talking with one of my trainers last night...........I feel like MOST of the struggle of losing weight and getting fit is mental.

It's all a choice. If you chose to hate it, and chose that it's going to suck........it will. When I started this whole thing I went into all of it TOTALLY positive. I love eating healthy, I love being knowledgeable about my food choices, I love treating myself well. I supposed I could chose to see only the negative and be miserable about it, but every minute I spend being miserable is 60 of happiness lost. ;) So I just chose to love this journey.

True! Love it!
  • Missmissy0003
    Missmissy0003 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Oddly, I really enjoy it. It's a little game to me to see how much great stuff I can fit in.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Thank you to EVERYONE for their posts, I love hearing how each of you have different perspectives, and how we're all adjusting to fit health into our lives. :)

I've started to count the calories again. I know I have to watch myself, because I think I am borderline OCD... so for example, I didn't eat much all day, and when I saw how much 'weight I would lose if I kept that up', it almost reinforced the desire to stop eating.

That said, I want to learn how to eat healthy, and doing this tracking is helping me be better aware of my sodium and fat intake, not just my calories in total.

Thank you again for sharing, it is great to be a part of this journey to healthy lifestyles with everyone. :-D
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Thank you to EVERYONE for their posts, I love hearing how each of you have different perspectives, and how we're all adjusting to fit health into our lives. :)

I've started to count the calories again. I know I have to watch myself, because I think I am borderline OCD... so for example, I didn't eat much all day, and when I saw how much 'weight I would lose if I kept that up', it almost reinforced the desire to stop eating.

That said, I want to learn how to eat healthy, and doing this tracking is helping me be better aware of my sodium and fat intake, not just my calories in total.

Thank you again for sharing, it is great to be a part of this journey to healthy lifestyles with everyone. :-D

p.s. I still don't like doing it (counting calories) tho!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I must be really screwed up, but I really like logging and counting calories. I'm heading to PA for the weekend to spend time with my family and I won't have a good signal to log by phone and by Sunday it's seriously gonna get on my nerves...

But I'm a planner. When I get a new recipe it goes in the recipe builder. I plan what I'll eat a day ahead. When I'm going to a restaurant, I look online to decide what I'll eat.

It's a way to keep tabs on what I'm doing...and I reach my goals faster when it stares me in the face!
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I guarantee you spend more time here and on Facebook etc. than you do counting calories. If social media and fitness forums are more important to you than taking 5 mins per day to log your food intake, maybe it's time to reevaluate your priorities.

If it's because you feel entitled to eat whatever you want whenever you want and however much of it you want, and not exercise to offset it, I don't know what to tell you. In order to be successful at anything in life (or life in general) you have to do the things you NEED to be healthy, happy, and prosperous. Once that is out of the way, your remaining time and effort can go to vices and sloth.

Sorry if this doesn't seem very sympathetic, but sometimes the truth hurts.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I guarantee you spend more time here and on Facebook etc. than you do counting calories. If social media and fitness forums are more important to you than taking 5 mins per day to log your food intake, maybe it's time to reevaluate your priorities.

If it's because you feel entitled to eat whatever you want whenever you want and however much of it you want, and not exercise to offset it, I don't know what to tell you. In order to be successful at anything in life (or life in general) you have to do the things you NEED to be healthy, happy, and prosperous. Once that is out of the way, your remaining time and effort can go to vices and sloth.

Sorry if this doesn't seem very sympathetic, but sometimes the truth hurts.

Ouch... and yes there is definitely an element of truth to what you say. I do exercise regularly, and am very near my goal weight, so i don't think I'd classify myself as sloth. :)