George Forman grill & frozen Costco chicken boobs???

Fairy_Farts
Fairy_Farts Posts: 166 Member
I have the large red George Forman grill.... I don't like how the frozen Costco chicken boobs turn out on it. So I assume I'm doing something wrong..... Please edumacate me!

How high?
How long?
What other tips do ya have???

Let's hear it people!

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    depends on how thick
    But I don't do frozen breasts.

Fresh tastes much better.
    I buy it from my local grocery store, same price or cheaper than costco.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    I have the single serving George Foreman. I take the frozen boneless skinless chicken breast, put it on the foreman for 11 minutes with a little lemon pepper, and it is usually fully cooked and still juicy.
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    I thaw them before cooking, like put them in the fridge the night before if you can.... with some marinade and seasonings. I turn the heat up to about medium/high at first so I can get the outside a little crispy (my preference) and then after the black marks are there I turn the heat down and slow cook it. If they are thawed it doesn't take very long.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    What don't you like about the way they turn out???
  • Fairy_Farts
    I have the single serving George Foreman. I take the frozen boneless skinless chicken breast, put it on the foreman for 11 minutes with a little lemon pepper, and it is usually fully cooked and still juicy.

How high do you set it? My grill has low, medium, or high settings.
  • stephmo86
    stephmo86 Posts: 45
    Lol chicken boobs, nice.

If you have a George Forman, I'd opt for fresh chicken breasts, marinate them in fat free italian dressing (or whatever you'd like). It's pretty quick if they're fresh.

If you absolutely love the frozen ones, I'd suggest defrosting them first-so take one out in the morning and either put it in the fridge or if it's not too hot, putting it on a plate.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Remember to remove the nipples before placing them on the grill. They tend to get rubbery.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Because the chicken breasts aren't a uniform thickness, you might consider butterflying the breast to make things a little more even. My best recommendation is to grill them on a proper grill, not that George Forman converted waffle iron. I have yet to cook anything on it that tastes decent. Also, try marinating the breasts in a zesty Italian salad dressing for a few hours.
  • Fairy_Farts
    What don't you like about the way they turn out???

I have a thing about the chicken being cooked all the way. We had a horrible experience at a restaurant once *shiver*.
    So I think I over cook them and they end up tough on the outside.

I remember the commercials showing that you could put a frozen chicken breast in there and cook it thoroughly fairly fast and it was juicy. I don't know the setting to put the grill on and I wondered if these Costco breasts were too thick.
  • Fairy_Farts
    Remember to remove the nipples before placing them on the grill. They tend to get rubbery.

Thanks for the heads-up!
  • geezer99
    geezer99 Posts: 92
    Thaw them first. Rub with spices (garlic, onion powder, rosemary, etc.
    I like cayenne) medium temperature about 7-8 minutes depending on thickness.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    I'm a professional chef. It is considered an unsafe practice to cook food from a frozen state to ready to serve. It should be thawed, then cooked. If you insist on doing this, get a food thermometer and make sure the internal temp in the thickest part gets to 165 F. The problem with cooking frozen food is making sure of a safe internal temp that will kill any bacteria. Salmonella is not something you want to experience. It's easy enough to thaw a chicken breast or 2 in the microwave and then pop in on the Foreman. Much safer practice.
  • Fairy_Farts
    Because the chicken breasts aren't a uniform thickness, you might consider butterflying the breast to make things a little more even. My best recommendation is to grill them on a proper grill, not that George Forman converted waffle iron. I have yet to cook anything on it that tastes decent. Also, try marinating the breasts in a zesty Italian salad dressing for a few hours.

I'd LOVE to have a proper grill, but that's not an option for me for a few years.

Thanks for the tips! I will definitely need to try that.
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    I defrost them overnight then stick them on the grill with seasonings for about 8 minutes and viola!
  • Fairy_Farts
    Thaw them first. Rub with spices (garlic, onion powder, rosemary, etc.
    I like cayenne) medium temperature about 7-8 minutes depending on thickness.

I'm a professional chef. It is considered an unsafe practice to cook food from a frozen state to ready to serve. It should be thawed, then cooked. If you insist on doing this, get a food thermometer and make sure the internal temp in the thickest part gets to 165 F. The problem with cooking frozen food is making sure of a safe internal temp that will kill any bacteria. Salmonella is not something you want to experience. It's easy enough to thaw a chicken breast or 2 in the microwave and then pop in on the Foreman. Much safer practice.

Excellent! Thank you... I believe I will need to change my evil frozen chicken boob ways.
  • dortchme
    dortchme Posts: 7 Member
    I actually prefer to boil my boneless skinless chicken breastsisis. Then I shred them into medium sized chunks . I eat them with Tabasco and sometimes pickled jalapeños for a snack. This avoids the dry woody taste.
  • Fairy_Farts
    I actually prefer to boil my boneless skinless chicken breastsisis. Then I shred them into medium sized chunks . I eat them with Tabasco And a smidgen of salt for a snack.

I have to tell you... I am highly impressed that you know the official term for them. You just won a gold star, mister!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Costco breasts are thicker than my local grocery. So to keep the outside from getting to dry and hard I'd cook on medium and let them sit a while or maybe even low till they thaw out a little then maybe go to medium. Or let them thaw and flatten them out some so they cook more evenly. I have a friend who cooks on their GF grill all the time and they love it. Dont have to heat up the kitchen and still get nutritious good tasting food.
    I would like most everyone else recommend defrosting it first. Good luck
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    I've only used our GF grill a few times and thought the chicken tasted strange. I tend to make mine in the crock pot. You can either shred them and use for various recipes (I make a bunch at one time and freeze in separate packages) or eat them just how they are. That being said, if the chicken is too thick try buying frozen chicken tenders instead of breasts.
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    I've only used our GF grill a few times and thought the chicken tasted strange. I tend to make mine in the crock pot. You can either shred them and use for various recipes (I make a bunch at one time and freeze in separate packages) or eat them just how they are. That being said, if the chicken is too thick try buying frozen chicken tenders instead of breasts.