Quick one about HRM polar-ish

Options
hey people thanks for looking.
I'm buying one tonight.
all i need it for is to use on all my exercises.
need it to tell me calories burnt for a set amount of time. like jillian's shred and be one with chest strap.
doesn't have to do much fancy but i though hey polar is a good make. i had one as a kid when i was a little more athletic lol.

so just something that will give me a good cal expenditure.
upto about 50 GB pounds or 70-80 dollars i suppose.

which ones have you found good. i hear Polar f6 is good just looks a little over technical (anyone own the f4?) but if it does what i want, i think i saw it for about the right price. any help appreciated.

Replies

• SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    I purchased the Polar F6 recently, and have been using it for several days. I really like it. Comes with very good instructions, so it's not too difficult. Also seems to be VERY accurate because I've compared it with the displays of my Gazelle, bike, etc. I keep it on around the house during house cleaning/laundry, etc. It's helpful!! :flowerforyou:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I have the reebok XT HRM. It's WAY cheaper than the polars and you don't have to send it away to have the batteries changed. WORKS PERFECTLY! I love it!
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    The one that I have came from Walmart and it cost around $60.00 and it has all of the bells and wistles that the Polor one's do. It also comes with a chest strap. The brand is sportsline. It counts the cals you burn, your heart rate and percentege of heart rate, fat cals burned, it also has a stop watch, lap time, above, right at, or below your heart rate.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I know the Polar F4 reviews really well. So does the Garmin Forerunner 50. Amazon has some good reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Heart-Monitor-Watch-Thunder/dp/B000WPEGL2

I like my Polar. I have the FT60 G1 Training computer.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    for what you want the F4 is fine as long as you don't work our near other folks who may have one. The F4 doesn't use a coded strap so it will get cross talk from other HRM's if you are too close, the F6 and above is coded so there is no interference with other HRMS. F6 is about 80 to 90 bucks on ebay, F4 is usually around 50 or 60. F6 is so worth the extra 30 bucks IMHO though.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F4, bought it at Target for about 50 US. Does just enough for me right now.
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    excellent. thanks for all your help and so fast lol.

i won;t be using it near anyone (loner!!) but you never know where you will be in the future. i will probably spend the extra. england prices the f6 and f4 are even closer. 48 pounds i think i have it there.
  • fraiseroja
    fraiseroja Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have the F6 and really like it. Also, if you go to polarusa.com and go to support. They actually have videos of how to use everything. They take just a few minutes each and were really helpful to me.