Eating HEALTHY while Pregnant is tougher than I thought

Options
My cravings are always the fatty foods. From fast food / cheeseburgers, fries, shakes... sigh. Also fruits which is good. Trying my best to fight those cravings, but vegetables just sound GROSS right now along with my morning sickness I tend to feel throughout the whole day!

Has anyone experienced this during their first trimester? I want to have a healthy baby and don't want too pack on TOO much weight from my bad eating choices but the cravings seem so hard to bare. What has helped you??

Replies

• MandieBellie
    MandieBellie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I gave into my cravings for hamburgers, but I chose the small hamburger and ate a few of my husbands fries. Satisfied the craving but didn't over induldge. I dont know about you, but in my first trimester I wasn't very hungry. So the smaller portions helped to curb my morning sickness.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    There are a couple of groups here regarding being pregnant and using MFP. You may want to check them out as they may be able to give you some advice on what worked for them. Good luck and congrats on the pregnancy!