Cereal help

Options

Replies

• KrystleKiri
    KrystleKiri Posts: 135
    Options
    I'm probably a horrible influence. I eat ALL CEREALS lol I love kellogg's krave, and frosted mini wheats mmmmm... you just have to make sure you eat just one portion size, eat slowly, and drink 2 or 3 cups of water while you eat. worth it.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    the Special K Protein Plus is the lowest carb of all of the sereals...i did some research on it and you can use the Almond Breeze milk and it has about 1 or 2 carbs in it.....then you can put some fruit in it and maybe even some walnuts...wow....

Try the Special K Protein Plus
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I've recently been enjoying Special K Plus Protein

Eating this right now. It has 10 grams of protein per serving.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    I eat whole oats, they turn to sugar slower than steel cut, I add slivered almonds for protien. I use a tbs of non fat creamer, and 1/2 tbls of brown sugar. I have a bunch of snack bags filled. I just pull one out, put it in a cup, add 1 cup of water and nuke for 1 min. let sit a min. Keeps me full till lunch. good luck.
  • tahneeluvisi
    Options
    Cereal should never be part of your diet. It's filled with unhealthy carbs and tons of sugar. Just avoid it- even the "healthy" cereal isn't healthy.
  • Marie3391
    Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Big second to Kashi Go Lean! 140 cal/cup, 13 gm protein, 30 gm carbs, 10 gm fiber (9 of which are insoluble). I have it with some berries and almond milk, very filling.

^^
  • feefee0113
    feefee0113 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Lo Cereal Is the absolutey best!! My natropath dr recommended it, and now I have it every morning. My fav is Maple Peacan, but they have lots of yummy flavours. If you are in the States you shouldnt have trouble finding it. Im in Canada and have to buy it directly from her. There is alot more protein then Vector, Kashi, Special K and has the least amount of sugar and carbs! Def worth finding!!
  • feefee0113
    feefee0113 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    There is alot of healthy cereal that is healthy and nutritous. Warm cereal is obvi the best , brown rice cereal, steel cut oats etc.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jiggalude
    jiggalude Posts: 53
    Options
    I like the classic simplicity of rice krispies! lol. I like to add strawberries and/or bananas to mine.
  • IslandDer
    IslandDer Posts: 27
    Options
    Don't know if it's available in UK, but we're all hooked on Post Great Grains - I especially like the Nut Medley... decent fibre and protein and very satisfying to eat. I also make my own homemade nut granola - low in sugar and fat (as granola goes) and mixed with fresh fruit and fat-free greek yogurt it's my brekky of choice on my big workout days. Keeps me fueled for hours.
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Porridge oats. The cheapest is just as good as fancy rip-off versions. I see UK supermarkets sell it for less than £1 per kg.

I make it with water and add soy milk on top. Other people cook it with milk. It's a good base for personal variation - I like adding raisins and cinnamon.

Wholesome and filling.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Pre - cooked brown rice. Put servings into zip lock bags and freeze if you like. Defrost, add yoghurt and fruit. Quick if you're in a hurry.
  • kindkitty007
    kindkitty007 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bran flakes are a great option as they contain a lot of fibre. I add water to mine to keep it low calories and it tends to fill me up untill lunch. You should try them?
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Me too...its great!!!
    I've recently been enjoying Special K Plus Protein

How does this compare in taste to Special K original would you say? That's what I eat a few days a week, but I would be interested in switching if the extra protein doesn't make it taste like cardboard. The website also says the flakes are "lightly sweetened." Does it have a bunch of extra sugar? Thanks

I haven't eaten regular Special K in some time, but if I remember correctly, they taste very much the same to me.
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Steel-cut oats and cream of wheat.
  • tina9988
    tina9988 Posts: 369
    Options
    I've been having Quaker real medley's with apples, cranberries and walnuts. Kinda high calories and carbs but very filling.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Kashi Berry Blossoms with almond milk. Yummmmmy. And very satisfying.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Mr. T cereal. I pity the fool who don't eat mr. T cereal.
  • eeka22
    eeka22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My new fav is overnight oatmeal. Old fashioned oats (not instant), milk, greek yogurt, chia seeds and whatever flavor you want with it-honey, vanilla, fruits, cocoa, pb. The base is about 200 cal. Just make it the night before and eat it cold. My husband likes to heat it though!

20458779.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods