I'm looking for a bread replacement...

Options
2»

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    romaine lettuce leaves

I have a friend at work who makes lettuce wraps with lunch meat, I've tried it before & it's actually pretty good. She said she's pretty much given up bread at this point since she likes the lettuce wraps. Definitely an easy way to cut calories.

This, too. I always get my burger lettuce wrapped when we go out. If I'm at home, I'll lettuce wrap it or use portabello mushrooms. Super yummy and an easy way to get your veggies in!
  • klakers3
    klakers3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mariposa72004
    mariposa72004 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am hooked on Wasa bread. 20 calories a slice and very yummy. :) Also love sandwiches wrapped in lettuce!!
  • nessvsgiygas
    nessvsgiygas Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • SouthernCountryGirl
    SouthernCountryGirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Nature's Own Honey Wheat (35% less sodium 3x's more fiber) 40 calories per slice and it's delish! Won't use anything else now since finding this about a month ago.
  • vvvtrishiavvv
    vvvtrishiavvv Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Holy cow...I forget about this post for a few days and look what happens. :) Thanks everybody!! I'm still considering the Lettuce wraps...even though they're a far cry from fluffy, smooth white bread. haha Definitely cuts out calories though. Probably not a bad snack for nighttime either (I get hungry right before bed). Hmm...Lots to think about. Like the post with the 3 slice serving...triple decker sandwhich :)) Or big tortillas...taco flavored chicken and lots of veggies...

Sheesh. I need to go grocery shopping now.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    We like Alpine Valley 9 grain bread....about 60 Cal a slice and tastes really good.
  • aliciajwatson
    Options
    Arnold Sandwich thins. 100 cals each. Comes in plain old white that is actually whole grain and nice. Even my kids that are 9 and 7 will eat them. Also comes in wheat, rye, multigrain and a flax seed one. I like them all a lot. I don't buy regular bread anymore.
  • Jaw_g
    Jaw_g Posts: 46
    Options
    Check these out, I'm going to try make them this weekend :D They are gluten free 'rolls' made of 3 eggs separated, cream of tartar, and cream cheese.... approx 85 cals ...

http://yourlighterside.com/gluten-free-low-carb-buns-aka-oopsie-rolls/

Oh and check out the comments at the bottom of the page for variations ppl have tried :D