Sleep cycle

Options
lelstar
lelstar Posts: 374 Member
Has anyone heard of the sleep cycle app? Have you used it? What do you think? I currently use a few things to sleep and have been told I don't sleep properly.

Replies

• RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Is that the one where it senses that you're in a light sleep stage of the cycle close to your alarm time and wakes you slowly so you're not dragged out of deep sleep?
    I like the idea of it but would probably only use it occasionally - as one of my friends noted, do you really want the electromagnetic field of you mocile phone under you pillow all/every night?
    One of my MFP friends got a Fitbit and it apparently measures the effectiveness of your sleep - that would interest me as well and I believe is a watch style of gadget but definitely more expensive and don't think I can justify it.
  • ComicBookGeekGirl
    Options
    i love it! I can put my iPhone on my bed side table and it measures my sleep just fine. I do like how it wakes me up, but one time it didn't work and my other, (much ruder), alarm woke me up instead. :noway:
  • lelstar
    Options
    Yeah it is Roanne, I've looked at both. Thanks CBG, I have my phone on my bedside table as my alarm anyway so if that works that'd be great.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Did you read the reviews? Sounds scammy.
  • lelstar
    Options
    I actually heard someone mention it on the radio. I thought for 99c it might be worth trying
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Maybe. I was reading the reviews on the app site. Many were saying that they put it on their coffee table next to their bed and it had the exact same reading every night. If it really worked, it should not do that. Worth a try though. It just senses your movement and that indicates if your in a lighter sleep. Someone was saying that if you toos and turn a lot at night, it might not work so well. But, try it and report back. I'm interested in the idea.