What weight is most likely to have skin hanging after?

Options
13»

Replies

• sarann111
    sarann111 Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm 25 and have lost 115 pounds over two years and definitely have the extra skin on my stomach and inner thighs to show for it. As other posts have stated it depends on your body, how long your skin has been stretched out, how quickly you lose, etc. There's just no definite answer. I've given myself until December to try and tone and hope it snaps back into place... if not, I'm resorting to surgical measures. I didn't put all this work into myself to still not be totally happy how I look. It may seem vain, but I deserve it.
  • gidgeclev
    gidgeclev Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    don't worry about it.... who's going to be looking at you naked? Your beloved one and your doctor. Your beloved one shouldn't care and should be proud of you for losing that weight and your doctor has seen it all before.
    Even with loose skin you're going to look and feel fantastic in your new smaller clothes.
  • sleepyjean88
    sleepyjean88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    The way I think about it is I sag already, I flab and jiggle, so what's the difference if I lose 60lb and sag, I'll be smaller, healthier and hopefully happier! That being said I hope I dont get too much sag I would hate to have worked this hard to find that I've already wrecked my body.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    i am very young, so does this mean that my skin has a good chance of not being too saggy? cause this scares me very very much. i drink lots of water, and use lotion. but what should i do to tone? like what exercises?

It depends on you. I know someone who lost 100ish pounds fast and has extra skin. I think it is one of those things that you kinda have to accept if it happens.

I'm in my 20s, only lost 30 something pounds, slowly, and I still feel like I'm looser now even though I have a lot less fat. I'm hoping this goes away when I get sub 20% body fat
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    I have to tell you what my doctor told me when I was asking these skin questions about 10 pounds into my 93 pound trek...

"Yep, you will have loose skin, nope it never all goes away. Lose the weight anyway."

That being said...exercise and water helps. And he was right. Lol....but it's way easier to carry around a garbage bag rolled up in a wrinkly mess that you can hide under your shirt, than one filled with garbage that requires a tent to hide. :)

Oh I have to add...that 9 years ago I lost 110 pounds...gained 55 back. And had loose skin all along...so I started this 93 pound thing last fall, already slightly deflated.
  • terryhuff
    terryhuff Posts: 15
    Options
    I have to tell you what my doctor told me when I was asking these skin questions about 10 pounds into my 93 pound trek...

"Yep, you will have loose skin, nope it never all goes away. Lose the weight anyway."

That being said...exercise and water helps. And he was right. Lol....but it's way easier to carry around a garbage bag rolled up in a wrinkly mess that you can hide under your shirt, than one filled with garbage that requires a tent to hide. :)

Oh I have to add...that 9 years ago I lost 110 pounds...gained 55 back. And had loose skin all along...so I started this 93 pound thing last fall, already slightly deflated.

I love your attitude! Most are very concerned with this. I on the other hand would rather have "saggy" skin than be the way I am now. Even down 15 lbs my belly sags and guess what?! I'll trade that in any day for a more healthy life with my kids and husband.