Trying to be a better me!

Options
So I joined MFP awhile back and really didn't stick with the whole healthy lifestyle so I went from being a very active person to a couch potato (after a HUGE life change) and now here I am 33yrs old 5'6.5 and 136lbs of untoned flab..It's actually pretty depressing considering when I lived in FL I was 120lbs and toned..
I think what drives me crazy is my "mommy pouch" my kids are 13 and 9 and I just really want this gone. I run/walk 4mi a day have done a little strength training but NOTHING is helping the stomach :( Hopefully by being here I will be motivated by others to keep at it!

Replies

• jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    You will be motivated, especially if you have supportive friends to help you through! You can do this!
    Feel free to friend me if you want :)
  • hopeandlove91
    hopeandlove91 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you feel about Jillian Michaels but I just started the 30 Day Shred. I do not have kids, I just need to lose weight and get in shape...but I have read a lot of reviews on the workout and a lot of the reviews were by women that have had kids and really wanted to get toned again. It seemed like they had success. Just something that you may be interested in. I purchased the DVD on amazon for $7.50. It is fun...and only takes a little over 20 minutes a day...I usually run a mile before I do the video. It has 3 circuits...each circuit is 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, and 1 minutes of abs. All you need is some 2 or 3 lb weights and an exercise mat if you're on a hard surface. Also there are 3 different level of workouts...you are supposed to do it for 30 Days...a lot of reviews said they take a day off every week.

Good luck!
  • MandyZacherl79
    MandyZacherl79 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Actually I have the 30 Day Shred video and it was I used to lose my intial 30lbs years ago. Needless to say though for some reason I absolutely despise that video, I dont if I should just pop it in and force myself to work it out or what..I hope it works for you as well as it did for me in the past!
    Maybe if I had someone telling me to do it I would work through the feelings I have for it..LOL