I feel so fat today......

Options
Why is it that some days are just so much more horrible than others? I am sitting on my butt in front of a computer screen all day at work and all I can think about is how bored I am and how much I want to eat!! I tried the healthy snacks, and they worked for about an hour or so, and then I raided the vending machine. Now I feel worse! :explode: The worst part is...I am over on my calories today already and I haven't had dinner yet. I am so frustrated!! I am 5' 11" and weigh 164 lbs. I only have about 10 lbs to lose and it is SOOOOOOO HARD!!! I keep reading about others losing 3,4,5 lbs or more a week and I struggle just to lose 1 lb a month!

Does anyone else out there only have a few lbs to lose? Are you finding it as hard to lose as me? What are you doing to lose the weight? PLEASE HELP!!

Erin:frown:

Replies

• kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Drop down to 1200 calories for 5 days or so . Also I think 165 is not bad for your height. I feel fat too, but i think hey I am fat lol
  • AwesomeSmiles100
    Options
    hey what do i eat to get fatter :smokin:
  • pange
    pange Posts: 82
    Options
    I feel your pain!! I lost 2 pounds when I initially got back into diet and exercise, but I get the feeling my next pound won't be until December! You're probably feeling good about your weight, so perhaps you need to try to get a new motivation. I'm at a healthy weight, and my motivation is to be able to compete in my sport of choice: triathlon. Do you have something like that you could get motivated by?

I wouldn't recommend dropping your calories that low since you're so tall, but I don't know what your BMR is. Today, exercise a lot to work off that guilt (if you have time). Don't get discouraged!! :flowerforyou:
  • shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    Options
    When I tell my sister that I feel fat she tells me "fat is not a feeling" :flowerforyou: It always makes me smile and realize that it indeed is not a feeling. You're doing great, everyone slips here and there. And 5'11" and 165 is great!!! I'm 5'10" and just trying to get down to 179ish. The last 10 lbs are always the hardest to lose so don't give up!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    If you only have 10 lbs to lose, it will take longer. You shouldn't be able to lose 2 or more lbs per week. That would not be healthy!! Read some of the posts in this thread - linked in the initial post.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

They may help you. Also - SHBoss's new post about diet. I'll get the link -

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/60459-the-dieting-dilema-bad-food-worse-ideas

That one. Hopefully that will help - I hope your day gets better!! Beautiful girls you have :flowerforyou:
  • pammiles47
    pammiles47 Posts: 36
    Options
    hello you stated what to eat to get fatter? for starters Fried everything, Ice cream, all trypes of bread foods smothered in gravy or cream of anything soups, a bottle of wine a day, and beer. That's for starters.
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Im 5'10 and started at about 174. I am down to 150 now and have actually stayed there since i lost the weight in February, that was my biggest hurdle, keeping it off. Honestly, just move more, do more exercising. I am the same height and i could NEVER satisfy this body with only 1200 cals a day. Start running. Once i did this, the pounds came and stayed off and I never had a plateau, because i ran 3 times a week a least. Its amazing what you can continue to eat if you just run!!!hahaha.. good luck! It can be done!
  • kbkb
    kbkb Posts: 1
    Options
    i feel your pain with working a desk job! :ohwell: i don't know if this would help, but i started taking 5 min walks around my building whenever i have a vending machine craving, and sometimes that helps get rid of it.
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Im 5'10 and started at about 174. I am down to 150 now and have actually stayed there since i lost the weight in February, that was my biggest hurdle, keeping it off. Honestly, just move more, do more exercising. I am the same height and i could NEVER satisfy this body with only 1200 cals a day. Start running. Once i did this, the pounds came and stayed off and I never had a plateau, because i ran 3 times a week a least. Its amazing what you can continue to eat if you just run!!!hahaha.. good luck! It can be done!

Do you run non-stop or do you alternate walking and jogging during your workouts? I have tried running before and can only last about 5 mins before I feel like I am going to die!