Just started my journey a couple days ago--tips?

Options
I was wondering some examples you guys eat for each meal every day and how long you exercise for?
It's going to be a long term goal for me, because I'm looking to lose over 150 pounds.
But, I'm only eating 800 calories a day, and so far, I've been jogging 2 miles a day. Is this a good goal? How many miles do you jog a day?
Thanks for your help

Replies

• Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Not sure if srs, but here's some tips:
    http://www.acaloriecounter.com/weight-loss.php
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Most people are going to recommend that you eat more then just 800 calories especially when you are jogging 2 miles a day. Since you are in the weight loss journey for a while it would probably be best to start thinking of it more of a life style change instead of a diet. Could you live on 800 calories for the rest of your life?

Since you have set up your profile you should have been given a calorie goal from the site, if you don't want to go off of that then try to search for TDEE calculations - total daily energy expenditure. These calculations will give you a calorie amount that you need in order to lose weight that you don't have to worry so much about exercise calories.

Do lots of research, there are a bunch of opinions on the forums about different methods of weight loss. The more information you learn the better and easier it will be for you in the long run. Everyone is different and so different methods will work for some and not for others. If you go by the MFP for you calories remember that there is a calorie deficit already built into your goals so if you eat just 800 calories and then exercise a lot of it off how much will you be left to run on the rest of the day? There is no real reason to go to an extreme deficit. In fact there are several reasons not to, but like I said different people different ways.

You wanted examples so here is mine: I eat anywhere from 1200 to 1800 calories a day depending on exercise and if I'm hungry (there have been days I've gone over that as well). I exercise with walking and doing cardio for 15 to 60 minutes a day (again sometimes more) and I do that for maybe 5-6 days out of the week. I eat things in moderation and have LOTS of water around 20 glasses a day (depending again).

I hope this helps. Good luck to you.

(edited to say: this is my opinion and not medical advice)