Women weight training?

Options
13»

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

No, I am not calling people who do no cardio lazyarses, I am calling people lazyarses who never do any cardio, only do weights who go on and on about cardio being bad for people lol.

My husband does weights a lot, he does no cardio, but he does not go on and on about how cardio is bad for a person, he actually considers it a brilliant form of exercise, he just chooses not to do any.

If anybody does not like cardio, there is no problem on my side whatsoever, providing they do not continuously spout how bad it is for anybody that does it. You are not saying it is bad for anyone and I do not consider you lazy. Sorry for any misunderstandings xxx

I think people only consider cardio bad when that's all a person does. When your workout routine is similar to that of a hamster on a wheel then it really isn't that good. I used to do only cardio and I was probably stuck running a 5k at maybe 35 minutes for around a year. I stopped running and just started lifting only. Mostly compound lifts and adding other lifts into my routine. Recently I timed my last 5k and finished in a little under 28min and I wasn't running too hard either. I'm also doing crossfit too so there is a cardio component, just to be fair.

There's still no need for you to consider anyone lazy just for their opinion. That actually makes no sense. Personally, I think doing steady state cardio as your only workout is a bit more lazy than lifting, if anything. It's not hard to jog or bike 45min every day and some people do just that. I see some people in the gym every single time on the elliptical sweating but they look the same for months.

Even if somebody only ever does cardio, it is not bad, it is an excellent fat burner - regardless as to the views that say otherwise.

The reason people in the gym every single time on the elliptical sweating but look the same for months are like that is because they are not reducing their calories so that their body uses their excess fat for energy. They are eating exactly the same, hence no weightloss.

Regarding my "lazy" comment, what i meant is, that those people that continuously profess that cardio is bad for a person actually never do any themselves and it is highly likely that they are trying to justify to themselves and make themselves feel better by stating that it is bad for a person to do the cardio, whether they really believe it is bad or not is another matter - the fact is, cardio is superb for the heart, it makes a person strong and increases their stamina.

Weight-training is excellent, seriously, I am in no way anti-weights and never will be, but weights are not the only way to burn fat.

Weight-training will build muscle, but if somebody runs long distant races, they do not want bulky muscles that will inhibit their running (and their times) - this is why I only do cardio, with the odd weight-session thrown in. I burn double the calories in running as to when I do weights and no, I do not find running continuously for 45 minutes a piece of cake, if I did, I would consider I were not pushing myself enough.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

No, I am not calling people who do no cardio lazyarses, I am calling people lazyarses who never do any cardio, only do weights who go on and on about cardio being bad for people lol.

My husband does weights a lot, he does no cardio, but he does not go on and on about how cardio is bad for a person, he actually considers it a brilliant form of exercise, he just chooses not to do any.

If anybody does not like cardio, there is no problem on my side whatsoever, providing they do not continuously spout how bad it is for anybody that does it. You are not saying it is bad for anyone and I do not consider you lazy. Sorry for any misunderstandings xxx

I think people only consider cardio bad when that's all a person does. When your workout routine is similar to that of a hamster on a wheel then it really isn't that good. I used to do only cardio and I was probably stuck running a 5k at maybe 35 minutes for around a year. I stopped running and just started lifting only. Mostly compound lifts and adding other lifts into my routine. Recently I timed my last 5k and finished in a little under 28min and I wasn't running too hard either. I'm also doing crossfit too so there is a cardio component, just to be fair.

There's still no need for you to consider anyone lazy just for their opinion. That actually makes no sense. Personally, I think doing steady state cardio as your only workout is a bit more lazy than lifting, if anything. It's not hard to jog or bike 45min every day and some people do just that. I see some people in the gym every single time on the elliptical sweating but they look the same for months.

Even if somebody only ever does cardio, it is not bad, it is an excellent fat burner - regardless as to the views that say otherwise.

The reason people in the gym every single time on the elliptical sweating but look the same for months are like that is because they are not reducing their calories so that their body uses their excess fat for energy. They are eating exactly the same, hence no weightloss.

Regarding my "lazy" comment, what i meant is, that those people that continuously profess that cardio is bad for a person actually never do any themselves and it is highly likely that they are trying to justify to themselves and make themselves feel better by stating that it is bad for a person to do the cardio, whether they really believe it is bad or not is another matter - the fact is, cardio is superb for the heart, it makes a person strong and increases their stamina.

Weight-training is excellent, seriously, I am in no way anti-weights and never will be, but weights are not the only way to burn fat.

Weight-training will build muscle, but if somebody runs long distant races, they do not want bulky muscles that will inhibit their running (and their times) - this is why I only do cardio, with the odd weight-session thrown in. I burn double the calories in running as to when I do weights and no, I do not find running continuously for 45 minutes a piece of cake, if I did, I would consider I were not pushing myself enough.

I just read back through the whole thread and there is not one single person say "Don't do cardio".... plenty of ladies saying don't do it on the same day as lifting, but no one saying "Oh don't bother."

The OP didn't ask what the best way to burn fat was, or if she shouldn't do cardio. The only person pushing their own agenda on this thread is you.

She asked about weight training and your response is more about you than it is about her or her question. I have never seen a thread on these forums that cardio is 'bad' for you. Rather than you don't always need to do cardio to get the aesthetic results that people are after. People post photos saying "I want my body to look like this, I do 2hrs of cardio every day and I still don't look the way I want."
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

I just read back through the whole thread and there is not one single person say "Don't do cardio".... plenty of ladies saying don't do it on the same day as lifting, but no one saying "Oh don't bother."

The OP didn't ask what the best way to burn fat was, or if she shouldn't do cardio. The only person pushing their own agenda on this thread is you.

She asked about weight training and your response is more about you than it is about her or her question. I have never seen a thread on these forums that cardio is 'bad' for you. Rather than you don't always need to do cardio to get the aesthetic results that people are after. People post photos saying "I want my body to look like this, I do 2hrs of cardio every day and I still don't look the way I want."

You have not read every posting then, because there have been many, many posts whereby people have posted saying cardio is bad for a person.

Each to their own eh ;)
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    If you're lifting heavy, like you should be, do cardio afterwards.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

You have not read every posting then, because there have been many, many posts whereby people have posted saying cardio is bad for a person.

Each to their own eh ;)

As I said, every post in this thread. And not one single person knocking cardio.