Natural nausea remedy?

Options
I know it's kinda unrelated to weight loss and such, but I've had bad nausea all day and would love a natural remedy or 2 to try.

You guys got any?

Replies

• Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Peppermint tea!!
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Options
    On mythbusters they said ginger was really good. I also agree with peppermint tea, or gingerale.
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    I second the ginger... Gravol actually makes ginger tablets for nausea. I found they helped me when I couldn't take any other anti-nauseants because they made me sleepy.
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Peppermint definitely! Or try eating one tablespoon of peanut butter right off the spoon. The protein helps with nausea.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Another for the ginger fanclub. I never take anything else when I'm nauseous - just a couple ginger pills and I'm all better within a half hour!
  • byHisgrace
    byHisgrace Posts: 175
    Options
    Sea bands work well too. They are accupressure bands for your wrists, about $6 at most phams. They are behind the counter at some, so you may have to ask.
  • smagnan
    smagnan Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    lemonade, believe it or not works for me....

bizarre huh?
  • MRSWESSON
    MRSWESSON Posts: 107
    Options
    GINGER GINGER GINGER...I HAD THE MOST DIFFICULT PREGNANCY (LOST 50 POUNDS FROM NAUSEA ALONE) AND THE ONLY THING THAT REMOTELY FOUGHT IT WAS GINGER COOKIES OR GINGER TEA :drinker:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Ginger
    Peppermint (spearmint won't have the same effect)
    Cola syrup (alternatively, you can open a bottle of soda and let it sit open in the fridge until it's flat)

Ginger is probably the most effective out of anything on this list.
  • anglbebe
    anglbebe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My all time favorites that work super well. Peppermint tea, Peppermints, Ginger tea, Ginger Ale, Orange Juice and Baking soda, and Tonic water, saltines nibbled a tiny bit at a time. These all help my mother in law when she comes back from Dialysis. And she has nausea for days.

Also what is the nausea from? That will make a big impact on what you should use.