Spray it Away

Options
zeleni
zeleni Posts: 75 Member
After talking on the phone tonight with my parents and sister, I find out that the three of them are going to try a new product called "Spray it Away" to try and help them lose weight. They said all you have to do is spray it twice a day for six weeks, cut out majority of dairy and carbs, and results should be seen. My sister heard about it from a lady she works with who lost 14 lbs in two weeks since using it.

http://www.sprayitaway.com/

I am not a fan of diet pills or anything like that (although, it does interest me as to whether or not it works, it the results last)... anyways, my sister says to me, that I would probably do great on this thing...

I was like, "no way, what I am doing is working. I've already lost some weight by exercising and eating right (and in moderation)"

Has anyone tried this product before? Or even heard of it? This was the first time I heard of it.

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Sounds like flesh eating bacteria in a can...

Seriously, can this really work? Doubtful!! Tell them nooooo!
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    They probably see results from cutting carbs and dairy (which probably boils down to cutting calories)

There's no way a spray can make you lose weight. Sounds like another gimmick to me.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Is it Gila Monster Spit.. that is backed with science..
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    They probably see results from cutting carbs and dairy (which probably boils down to cutting calories)

There's no way a spray can make you lose weight. Sounds like another gimmick to me.

My thoughts exactly.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong but from their site it looks like it is actually HCG
  • cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'd be willing to bet quite a bit on it just being the carb cutting that's causing the loss.

Just another fad diet that will eventually fade out to be replaced with six new ones. What you're doing is the way to get it off and take it off!

Sometimes it can be hard to ignore their grand promises, I know :frown:
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I hear Raid does the same thing.. Although side effects, as with everything else. :P
  • PhenomeNae
    PhenomeNae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    it sounds like the liquid form of sensa. not good at all
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

My thoughts exactly.

Mine as well.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    After talking on the phone tonight with my parents and sister, I find out that the three of them are going to try a new product called "Spray it Away" to try and help them lose weight. They said all you have to do is spray it twice a day for six weeks, cut out majority of dairy and carbs, and results should be seen. My sister heard about it from a lady she works with who lost 14 lbs in two weeks since using it.

http://www.sprayitaway.com/

I am not a fan of diet pills or anything like that (although, it does interest me as to whether or not it works, it the results last)... anyways, my sister says to me, that I would probably do great on this thing...

I was like, "no way, what I am doing is working. I've already lost some weight by exercising and eating right (and in moderation)"

Has anyone tried this product before? Or even heard of it? This was the first time I heard of it.

Looks like a placebo supported by calorie restriction. If it helps get your family started on the health track, I certainly don't see any harm in it, at a first glance.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    :yawn:
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I agree with others that the majority of the loss is based on the dietary changes. But, there is some research that indicates that just like some scents can make you want to eat more, there are scents that you will eat less after smelling (on average).

added...

Who knows... as someone else said, it could also be the placebo effect. As long as it doesn't make you hungrier, and you don't eat it, all it hurts is your wallet. But if you already have your eating under control, I'd suggest you save your money.

What's Hcg?
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Aha, just googled it. It is Hcg. It looks like you spay it in your mouth, not on food. Don't know, I was too busy choking on the propaganda.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Is it Gila Monster Spit.. that is backed with science..

Only if the Gila monster ate acai berries and had completed a watermelon-and-grapefruit purge on a full moon before the spit was harvested. Otherwise, it's just plain old Gila monster spit.

(to OP: You might get the impression I'm making fun. Sorry. You're right. These miracle weight loss cures come out all the time, and when used with some lifestyle change that will cause you to lose weight, they will cause you to lose weight. The spray or pill or purge or whatever magic potion they are selling you only adds weight loss to your wallet.)
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options

My thoughts exactly.

me too
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    ...sounds like Sensa.... it's the calorie/carb cutting that your fam can thank for the weight loss.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Remember - anything that seems too good to be true, usually is..

And have you read that website, here's a gem that I found in a quick scan:
    "Spray It Away is homeopathic and contains only the Magnetic Energy Signature of hCG imprinted on a solution. Spray It Away contains no hCG."

OP, do yourself a favour - save your money and your health, don't get sucked into eating very little while spraying magic fairy dust into your cheeks. I'm sure your relatives will lose weight initially if they eat so very little, but it's just not sustainable.
    If you are setting up good habits of eating and exercise, take the challenge to keep going with those for a year, then compare where you are compared to the others in your family who have wasted their money on some gimmick that promises great results, but still requires them to reduce calories to an unrealistic and unsustainable level.

Edited to add: I couldn't resist that site - they also suggest: "Infrared Sauna - BURNS UP TO 600 CALORIES IN 30 MINUTES"
    I'm sorry, but I just don't believe that!
  • toomanycurves
    toomanycurves Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Sounds like flesh eating bacteria in a can...

Seriously, can this really work? Doubtful!! Tell them nooooo!

My thoughts exactly.
  • kinghavok
    kinghavok Posts: 104
    Options
    I hear Raid does the same thing.. Although side effects, as with everything else. :P

Oh lawd death does cause one to lose some weight I suppose.
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    People will buy into anything these days.