best "no equipment" workout

Options
What are some of everyone's favorite workouts that don't involve equipment? I go to the gym in the morning, but would like something to do at home after work? I am ready for an advanced workout that lasts 25 to 30 minutes to just get some extra calories burned! I've been working out 2x a day for a few months, and I think it is helping because I've had some compliments.:blushing:

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    running! Practically free :bigsmile: that is, until you get hooked on running in races:blushing:
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    What are some of everyone's favorite workouts that don't involve equipment? I go to the gym in the morning, but would like something to do at home after work? I am ready for an advanced workout that lasts 25 to 30 minutes to just get some extra calories burned! I've been working out 2x a day for a few months, and I think it is helping because I've had some compliments.:blushing:

heard of "insanity" workouts. they just use body weight.
    i'm interested myself but will have to do the test first. another beachbody product but it generally involves a lot of jumping about lol. just kidding.
    very hardcore apparantly but im not sure of your fitness level. mine is bad so i won;t be starting just yet ha ha.
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    check out the biggest loser interval training workout dvd's. one of my faves is the 30-day shread (Jillian Michaels)

Cindy
  • magnificentmama
    Options
    I really like the Leslie Samsone walk videos!!! THey have interval training videos too that will work you out good and hard!!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Try the prison workout http://www.marksdailyapple.com/prison-workout/. It is definite:bigsmile: ly free
  • 2catowner
    2catowner Posts: 94
    Options
    running! Practically free :bigsmile: that is, until you get hooked on running in races:blushing:

Cute dog!!
    I do this more in the fall and winter-- it's hot down here right now in Alabama!! :glasses:
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Yup, running.

Push ups, core work, squats,
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! She is the love of my life....don't tell my hubby :wink:

It's really hot here too right now, but in the mornings it is do-able. But I know what you mean because I cannot, will not go running when it is scorching out.
  • Sparklene
    Sparklene Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I second the Leslie Sansone walking and/or exercise tapes.
  • kdm9295
    kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have Comcast (cable tv) and there are On-Demand fitness videos. I've just started Biggest Loser Yoga. There are lots of other excercise videos too. I test them all out, Lesley's walking videos and the Biggest Loser videos are my favorites.