Weight LOSS and TOM?

Options
Tristis
Tristis Posts: 288 Member
Okay Ladies...we have all heard that we gain weight during our TOM due to water retention. Has anyone experienced weight loss during their TOM? The past few months, I will lose 1-2 lbs and keep them off during my TOM. Does anyone know why? I'm using the fat2fit radio calculations; so, I'm not used to seeing that much weight loss in a short amount of time.

Replies

• MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I usually gain up to five pounds, but this time I actually lost. I'm assuming it's because I'm more consistently hydrating.
  • Tristis
    Options
    And I'm a dork - didn't mean to post this in chit chat :) haha
  • Tristis
    Options
    I usually gain up to five pounds, but this time I actually lost. I'm assuming it's because I'm more consistently hydrating.

Gaining during TOM is conventional wisdom. I thought it was a fluke the first time...but this is the 3rd month in a row. It's a little baffling to me.
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    If I'm actively losing weight, I don't gain any during my period..... I drink a ton of water and exercise my *kitten* off so nothing has any chance of staying on this body!
    I also don't keep any thing in the house that may tempt me :wink:
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    There is something behind this.....Usually a few days before my period my stomach looks real flat and pretty nice. Also my appetite goes down during my period but its crazy before it!! Sometimes I get bloated during TOM but not always .....ever since I can remember for some reason the day before my period my tummy gets flatter??, Its a mystery!
  • mangosabayon
    Options
    Some girl at work said this today and I was baffled. So I guess you're not alone. I'm not one of those girls though. Ugh darn estrogen/progesterone :tongue:
  • Tristis
    Options
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I figure it must vary, as the other symptoms can. I don't gain any weight, and I've never noticed a particularly bloated feeling (I also don't get cramps). It can sometimes aggravate my IBS, but not always.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    I usually gain a couple days before and by day 2-3 its back down ... hate this! lol
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Supposedly your calorie requirements go up the week before TOM. So if you're strict about calories, your deficit is bigger that week, causing a weight loss. Some people might gain due to water retention, but it IS possible to lose.