Has anyone cut down on sweets and feel better?

Options
2»

Replies

• REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I cut back on all sugars and greasy food I try to limit to once a week. I feel much better
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I feel better, more energy,more focus. However I am not sure which of the following is the reason for my improvement

I have lost 34lb
    I have cut down coffee Now 1 or 2 cups a week rather than 5-8 per day
    I have cut down refined sugars
    I have increased my exercise
    I have increased my water

Do you know what? I am not going to change any of the above to see what is the root cause!!

Good on you!!
  • snix1024
    snix1024 Posts: 81
    Options
    Yes, I feel much better! Stopping Diet Coke made it easier for me to get rid of the sweets. For me, the two went hand in hand. :)
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I gave up sweets and soda for Lent and was amazed at how good I felt. The cravings went away after a week or two.

I did reintroduce sweets to my diet, but I don't think I will ever drink soda again!
  • dmaster555
    dmaster555 Posts: 73
    Options
    Yes. The sweets cause a huge insulin response and kill your energy. After a while, you'll notice a big change
  • Michelerainville
    Options
    Definitely ! Substitute with juicing carrots and beets ( beet root ) high in natural sugars, excellent energy boost and satisfies sweet craving ... also limit ( or better eliminate ) all simple carbs - bread, rice, pasta as they metabolize into sugars and spike insulin levels ... hard to do but worth the effort.

Good Luck and DO IT !
  • jacque930
    jacque930 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It's amazing that it only takes

ABOUT TWO OR THREE WEEKS

for your pancreas to heal, and then the cravings go away. Enjoy!

Get real scientific information on the topic -- read the great book "Why we get fat" by Gary Taubes.

-- I have heard of this book, I have looked it up but I have not read it yet. I think all the recommendations I have seen about this book is telling me something.

Yes, I have less sweets now. When I do eat sweets, I can tell because of the sugar crash that occurs later on. I try to also stay away from soda. I was drinking Coke Zero about one a day. I have let that go and have noticed not only less of an energy crash but also less of that bloating feeling associated with the carbination.

Focus on eating fresh fruit to help curve that initial want of sugar. The natural sugar helps with the craving initially and then a couple weeks later you will be fine.

Good Luck!