what's your goal weight if you are 5ft 4 inches?

Options
13»

Replies

• MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and my original goal was to get to a normal BMI - 132. When I got there, I knew I needed to lose some more though and figured somewhere in the 120-125 range would work. But then I kept going and I liked it.

Now my goal is to stay under 115. I have a small frame and around 18% body fat so I think that works for me.

I'd like to get to 12-15% body fat as I think it would help with endurance sports. But older people are supposed to need more fat around their organs so I don't want to push it.

There are charts out there that say my ideal weight is 105 but I think I'd be pretty skeletal at that weight. I'm already pretty bony (as is typical for endurance athletes), but then I have all this loose skin on the bottom which makes me feel fat sometimes and look like I could lose another 5-10 lb. If I could get rid of it, I'd probably be under 110, which is still healthy for my height and frame size.
  • oldgreg
    oldgreg Posts: 5
    Options
    5'9", 130-140 on a late teens/early-mid 20s girl is NOT too thin. As you get older, your body carries weight differently.

Why am I even answering this question?

Yes, why are you?
    3 posts. Joined this month. "Old Greg"

I asked because I agree with the original post.... 130 on a 5'9'' frame would more than likely look stick thin, not healthy.

Been a member for a long time under multiple usernames, I always make new passwords and when I clear my history/cache/etc, it logs out. This is my fourth username, I've been using MFP for about a year. Old Greg is a character from a tv show, I don't know if you're trying to make some sort of witty insult but you should try harder if so.

And no, 130 on 5'9" does not look stick thin in the majority of cases with younger people. You sound like a Jezebel commenter, jesus christ.
  • acjmomma
    acjmomma Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and my goal weight is 135, once I get there I am just going to let my body do what it wants naturally, I will continue to eat well and exercise and if I continue to lose great, but if not I will be fine too. I was 115 in high school and looked good but after 2 kids I don't see myself being there ever again, and I don't want to have to bust my butt to maintain it, I want to let my body decide what is comfortable for it.
  • fashionfitness
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 4 and my goal is 115 for my best fitness, but I found I was very comfortable at 125 too.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I think your goal weight has a lot to do with your body build-
    I have a lot of muscles and medium to large frame if I get too low in weight I will look hideous mind you I am 5'4. Thats why I am just aiming for 150-155lbs but with a low body fat % out of the 20's