Protein Shakes (UK)

Options
:smile : Hi :smile:

where do people get their protein shakes from.??

ive never had them before and thinking about getting some to use when i go to the gym to boost my calories as its impossible to do so with food :(

does anybody know where I can get some that are not to espensive

Replies

• glowingcactus
    glowingcactus Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    They sell them in health food shops. So Holland and Barrett will have them. Ocado sells them on-line as well!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/total_protein is an online retailer with sensible per kg prices.
  • RoybieOfTheRovers
    RoybieOfTheRovers Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Holland & Barrat have whey protien half price at the moment. The Chocolate flavour is my favorite.
  • Jenn_1990
    Jenn_1990 Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I prefer vanilla - it's a big old tub and then you can ring the changes by adding whatever flavour you like - coffee, chocolate, fruit or just vanilla! (of course you have to add the calories for whatever flavouring you use).
  • Melampus
    Melampus Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    :smile : Hi :smile:

where do people get their protein shakes from.??

ive never had them before and thinking about getting some to use when i go to the gym to boost my calories as its impossible to do so with food :(

does anybody know where I can get some that are not to espensive

I take you meant boost your protein intake. I can think of really easy ways to eat lots of calories: chocolate, donuts, cereal, bread...
  • weezykid
    weezykid Posts: 50
    Options
    i get my Optimum Nutrition shakes from Amazon...their cookies and cream flavoured one is godly
  • Squeezalsize10
    Options
    http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/total_protein is an online retailer with sensible per kg prices.

thats a good one
  • sabriel
    sabriel Posts: 46
    Options
    Tesco :P Mine is Scimix. Its chocolate flavour and cost just under £20. They have lots of different makes there.
  • damo1023
    damo1023 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I tend to use amazon for the optimum nutrition stuff as well, just got the rocky road stuff delivered yesterday its sooo good