really want to burn some fat?!?!

Options

Replies

• shel404
    shel404 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Tabata or HIIT (high intensity interval training). For example, take 5 exercises (jumping jacks, mountain climbers, bicycles, squat thrusts, sprints), perform each exercise for 30 seconds as intensely as possible, stop for 15 seconds, perform the next for 30 seconds, stop for 15 seconds. Go through the entire list, then repeat maybe 5 times (more if you like). I use a GymBoss to time myself. This has been a great way to lean out for me. Good luck!
  • E_K71
    E_K71 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Im in the UK too and have the 30 day shred dvd. Really good workout
    It was a fiver on Amazon , last time i checked :smile:
  • loveskinny27
    loveskinny27 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    how the hell are you surviving on 1200 calories and your going to weight training or insanity. The insanity is how you are starving your body. WOW

Im not weight training or doing insanity i always eat my 1200 cals a day & sometime more depending on how hungry i am and if ive worked out etc. im far from starving myself x
  • loveskinny27
    Options
    I will try the weight thing - just hope it doesnt bulk me up - i want to get slender!! not scwartzneger!
    An average woman doesn’t have the amount of testosterone to "bulk up". To build significant amounts of muscle mass - especially for women - requires a very high calorie, high protein diet, combined with very heavy high volume weightlifting and high levels of the hormone testosterone (which most women only produce in very small amounts). To "bulk up" most women would be required to eat large amounts of food, lift heavy weight most days of the week and use steroids. So... short answer: you won't bulk up!

thanks thats a relif I want to end up looking more nicole scherzinger thank Arnie schwarzenegger! i will get some of thsoe ankle & wrist weights. my fried said try kettlebells too sa may do that once or twice a week.
    thank you :)
  • loveskinny27
    Options
    Anyone wants to try something different get into doing some tabadas or HIIT. This is the round I run and I mix up the work outs also and the times. Its completely customizable and you can do it anywhere with no equipment. I started using a gym so I have boxes to do jumps now and kettle bell swings but yea its awesome. I am down from 30% to 12.2% in just over a year. No its not FAST but it works and you feel AMAZING!

Ok so this is based on 8 rounds total 5 min of work per round and 1 minute off.

20 seconds lunges
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds sit ups
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds squats
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds bicycles (core)
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds high knees
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds plank
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds step ups
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds push ups
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds jumping jacks
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds mountain climbers

fab i am printing & going to try tonight after my run :) thank you x
  • loveskinny27
    Options
    I'm UK too. You can get P90X on amazon and the Jillian DVD's. You should do interval training, mix up your workouts. Running is great but try running full pelt for a min, then jog a minute then run again! this will get your hear rate up more and burn more fat!!

thanks x
  • loveskinny27
    Options
    Im in the UK too and have the 30 day shred dvd. Really good workout
    It was a fiver on Amazon , last time i checked :smile:

thanks i will have a nosey on amazon and purchase :-0 x
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you can get things from the USA to the UK..

go to www.JillianMicheals.com

and look online
    [/quote)

Search Amazon.co.uk for beachbody insanity or Jillain Michaels...They have them all
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Or...have a look at .

http://www.bodyrock.tv

if your already pretty fit have a go at some of the workouts on there..
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You should not have your setting to sedentary, and at your size, you should probably be looking for .5 - 1 pound a week weight loss. Eating more just may be what you need here.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Your not eating enough, and that is why your not losing weight. 1200/day caloric intake on the amount of activity your doing isn't enough for your body to substain.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Once I switched to cardio + weights rather than purely cardio as well as upping my calories, the scale started moving.

Color me confused.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    weights
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    HIIT and weight lifting
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I will try the weight thing - just hope it doesnt bulk me up - i want to get slender!! not scwartzneger!
    An average woman doesn’t have the amount of testosterone to "bulk up". To build significant amounts of muscle mass - especially for women - requires a very high calorie, high protein diet, combined with very heavy high volume weightlifting and high levels of the hormone testosterone (which most women only produce in very small amounts). To "bulk up" most women would be required to eat large amounts of food, lift heavy weight most days of the week and use steroids. So... short answer: you won't bulk up!

thanks thats a relif I want to end up looking more nicole scherzinger thank Arnie schwarzenegger! i will get some of thsoe ankle & wrist weights. my fried said try kettlebells too sa may do that once or twice a week.
    thank you :)
    DO NOT!!! get ankle weights unless you want to end up with injuries
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,161 Member
    Options
    Anyone wants to try something different get into doing some tabadas or HIIT. This is the round I run and I mix up the work outs also and the times. Its completely customizable and you can do it anywhere with no equipment. I started using a gym so I have boxes to do jumps now and kettle bell swings but yea its awesome. I am down from 30% to 12.2% in just over a year. No its not FAST but it works and you feel AMAZING!

Ok so this is based on 8 rounds total 5 min of work per round and 1 minute off.

20 seconds lunges
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds sit ups
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds squats
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds bicycles (core)
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds high knees
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds plank
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds step ups
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds push ups
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds jumping jacks
    10 seconds break
    20 seconds mountain climbers

fab i am printing & going to try tonight after my run :) thank you x

Do it before your run! This (HIIT/tabatas) mobilizes fat and you will burn them while running or in any steady state cardio. This is the principle of stubborn fat loss method by Lyle McDonald.
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Thanks - what is insanity? never heard of this before? i live in UK! and whats the shred? - im obviously not with it - but i agree i dont really want to be spending lots on classes etc - thats why i love the running/jogging/walking its just me my gear and my ipod and if were lucky enough to get some nice weather its a great workout - may start and push myself further.

i did a stp class before but i do have a bad knee sometimes swells so bad i tell people its pregnant LOL!! i broke it about 8 years ago and it will always be weak i was in plaster for 18 weeks and then had to have hydo therapy & physio therapy for another 4-6 months afterwards. its all good now but is so weak i wear a support most of the time when i run but can be a pain.

i just really want to loose a few lbs this week im stuck on 19lbs loss nearly 2 weeks now and id like to get to 21lb loss to round it off to a stone & a half.

appreciate any tips

x

I'm in the UK and I order Jillian Michaels DVD's on Amazon. I got 3 for 15 quid - 30 Day Shred, 6 week 6 pack and Ripped in 30.

Not sure how you'd get on with them though with a bad knee? There's a lot of lunges and squats and jumping about.
  • Sneakypeek1972
    Options
    Jillian micheals is on youtube , or take a look aswell at Tiffany Rothe also on youtube(she does 10 min workouts you can mix and match) i am also in the uk. just search on youtube for jillian micheals 30 day shred level 1 :)
  • wwoelbel
    wwoelbel Posts: 23
    Options
    Do you like to swim? I recently added a swim workout to my schedule and my weight loss has increased substantially. I am doing 1300 yards in 40 minutes three times a week (working up to 2500 yards in an hour). Previously, I was doing 40 minutes per day on an elliptical and two days of weight training (high rep low weight) per week. Before swimming I was losing 1 to 1.5 pounds per week. Adding in the swimming and lowering my elliptical to 20 mins/day has me losing 2-4 pounds per week.
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am from the UK, I am doing the insanity workout, you can get it from www.beachbody.co.uk. you can also get the P90X and other workouts aswell.

Insanity is great it combines cardio with power and strength. Gives you a full workout. I am on 1200 cals a day and I am still losing weight. I net between 450-650 cals per day. Definately a good workout though if you want to tone up and feel fit.

Also have you thought about swimming a few times a week this is also a great all body workout!!