GOOD DETOX PROGRAM???

Options
CAN ANYONE SUGGEST A GOOD DETOX PROGRAM:ohwell: ? I DON'T WANT TO SPEND A LOT AND DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO MIX AND BLEND A BUNCH OF FOOD I KNOW I DON'T HAVE AT HOME TO BEGIN WITH:grumble: (SUCH A BRAT I KNOW IT! :flowerforyou: ). IF YOU HAVE USED A DETOX THAT WAS CHEAP AND SIMPLE PLEASE SHARE YOUR STORY...THANK YOU!

Replies

• neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I used a cheap $15 detox from Walgreen's once. It made me feel fantastic, I didnt weigh myself at that time so i dont know if i lost any weight, but i felt like a million bucks! It was just some vitamin pills...Im not sure of the name, but im pretty sure it was a store brand like Generic Walgreens Detox...I think I may try it again now that i am eating healthier. There were fiber pills in it I remember.....I was like 2 pills of this 2 pills of that and 3 of this for 2 weeks....easy as gaining weight!!!!!!! LOL
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    the fabulous news is.....you already have it, and it's completely free and 100% safe.

you ready for this?

WATER. drink enough water, and your liver and kidneys do all the rest.

no need for anything else.
    the folks who have convinced us that we are full of "toxins" are the folks who want to sell us something. not a trustworthy source :huh:

eat your fruits and veggies, drink your water, and your amazing body will do its job to keep you healthy.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • aballew05
    aballew05 Posts: 8
    Options
    cheap detox is the 48 hr hollywood diet, its 32oz of liquid that you consume over two days and can lose up to 10#s... mostly water weight but at least its inexpensive and you can see if you like 'detoxing'... or you can do the lemonade diet... just google it, it's all over the web... liquid diets are tough to stick to if you aren't really busy during the day... my advice is to ease into it by restricting your calories for a few days prior so your stomach isn't used to being full and go to bed early... dont work out during cleanse days... good luck!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Best detox is water with lemon wedges added......................lemon is great for cleansing the liver and kidneys...........................

Also, Yogi teas make a good detox tea that tastes quite lovely. 4.99 for 16 bags. It helps to cleanse the liver and kidneys too..........
  • MRSWESSON
    MRSWESSON Posts: 107
    Options
    the fabulous news is.....you already have it, and it's completely free and 100% safe.

you ready for this?

WATER. drink enough water, and your liver and kidneys do all the rest.

no need for anything else.
    the folks who have convinced us that we are full of "toxins" are the folks who want to sell us something. not a trustworthy source :huh:

eat your fruits and veggies, drink your water, and your amazing body will do its job to keep you healthy.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I drink nothing but water all day everyday, and I read an article that said if I just keep that up and eat just raw fruits and veggies for 3 days my body will do the rest too...I think I might try this before anything else:happy:

I'm not doing it to loose, I just feel so drained and keep having "tummy issues":blushing: if you know what I mean, and I am not a fan of laxatives at all...super sensitive and just want to get my digestive track back on track :wink:

Thank you for the tip :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • MRSWESSON
    MRSWESSON Posts: 107
    Options
    cheap detox is the 48 hr hollywood diet, its 32oz of liquid that you consume over two days and can lose up to 10#s... mostly water weight but at least its inexpensive and you can see if you like 'detoxing'... or you can do the lemonade diet... just google it, it's all over the web... liquid diets are tough to stick to if you aren't really busy during the day... my advice is to ease into it by restricting your calories for a few days prior so your stomach isn't used to being full and go to bed early... dont work out during cleanse days... good luck!
    Best detox is water with lemon wedges added......................lemon is great for cleansing the liver and kidneys...........................

Also, Yogi teas make a good detox tea that tastes quite lovely. 4.99 for 16 bags. It helps to cleanse the liver and kidneys too..........

I was reading about the lemon water too, and I am pretty good at liquid diets if they are not more then 3 days long :blushing:

I really prefer the natural methods mentioned here and appreciate all your feedback:flowerforyou:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    good for you! Trust that your wonderful body is GREAT at filtering out whatever it doesn't need. And you can help it out by eating more high quality foods and avoiding junk like high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, stuff not found in nature. then the filtering is reduced, because more of what you eat will be helping you out.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

slowly and steadily increasing your fiber should help your tummy- just don't do it all at once, it can cause gas while your body is getting used to it:heart: