Eat Stop Eat

Options
I'm thinking of using IF to see if I can break my plateau. Has anyone purchased the e-book, Eat Stop Eat? Is it worth the $37? Or can I just get what I need from the web?

Thanks!

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I hear that its a very good book.

For a less extreme version of IF with free information, check out leangains.com
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I was actually checking out Leangains last night. I am planning to use Martin's version (adjusted for women) - fast 14 hours, feed 10. It's pretty easy for me to not eat in the mornings.... so we'll see how it works out!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I was actually checking out Leangains last night. I am planning to use Martin's version (adjusted for women) - fast 14 hours, feed 10. It's pretty easy for me to not eat in the mornings.... so we'll see how it works out!

There is a group on here dedicated to IF, a great place to get your questions answered.
  • tenunderfour
    Options
    Thanks! :wink:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    How long have you been dieting?
    Generally a fast wouldnt break the plateau.
  • Skinnyminimee
    Options
    here's the full version for free:

eatstopeat.com/unprotected/EAT-STOP-EAT_BPILON_3253.pdf

and here's the 'advanced transcripts' for free which go into more detail:

www.eatstopeat.com/unprotected/Advanced%20Transcripts.pdf
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Check out this group...They have tons of info on this...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/49-intermittent-fasting
  • tenunderfour
    Options
    How long have you been dieting?
    Generally a fast wouldnt break the plateau.

Here's the scoop. I gained a ton of weight during my pregnancies. Changed my life - got more active, started looking at calories and portions, lost 50 lbs in 2005. Since then I have weighed between 135-145 depending on what's going on in my life.

Right now I'm sitting at 139. I'd just love to get back into the lower range of my normal weight again for the summer.... drop my BF% which I believe is about 20% right now. I'm a distance runner. I did a duathlon last weekend. So between running and biking I'm good with cardio. I started adding some weight training into the mix.... both heavy weights and body weight type exercises. I see a nice difference in my upper body for sure!

I've been eating 5-6 small meals per day, but I have been over-eating a little bit. It seems like the more I eat, the more I *want* to eat. And all of those little nibbles add up! So I'd like to try IF as a way to kind of help with my cravings and see if I can budge the last 4 or 5 lbs. Make sense?

Oh and thank you so much to the person who posted the free links!!! :bigsmile:
  • catfish1962
    catfish1962 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Check out www.drsarasolomon.com. She has an IF plan too and that's the plan I'm following. I fast for 16-17 hours each day, and that leaves me with 6-7 to consume my daily calories.
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I saw the most results with IF and am waiting until I hit another plateau to start up again, but yes it does help break through it. I used to fast for 17, eat for 7. Also read up on something called the Fast 5, which is fast for 19, eat for 5 but I was reluctant to fast for so long and work out fasted. Working out fasted turned out fine for me though, and I broke through my plateau.
  • lrmall01
    lrmall01 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    IMHO a book isn't really needed. It isn't that difficult and there are several places on the web that give a good enough explanation.
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Bump...
  • SEAFOODMAN
    SEAFOODMAN Posts: 342
    Options
    I've been on it a week and already love it lol............I've done alot of fasting ways but this is the easiest.
    I've read that you don't need the book, it doesn't say much how to do the plan........you eat your normal calories to maintain 5 days a week and cut 20% and eat that twice a week.............heres a good chart to figure you calories http://retireddieter.com/resting-metabolic-rate-what-is-your-rmr

I set my normal days a little lower and the fast days a little higher......i'm doing 1850 and 750 or less on fast days
    so when you fast, you start it after your last meal on the normal day.....say 6pm monday then eat your low calories on tues at 6pm and then wed is normal.....I would fast at least 12hrs before consuming calories on wed............but thats just me
    I kind of pigged out last weekend and had put on a little weight but I was back up to 274 and about 5 or 6 days later i'm 258 lol.....now some is prob water weight and high sodium i had last week......but still lol
    I think its easy and easy to move around your fast days if you need to or if you mess up on a fast day, just fast the next day
    alot of good information you can find online:smile: