broke 7 week plateau!!

Options
Agirard25
Agirard25 Posts: 154 Member
Thank you "Eat more, weigh less" and NROLFW!!!

I gave it two weeks of eating 300 calories more/day....which is really only 1 scoop of protein powder with water, an apple and a tbsp of almond butter a day!

After dancing with gainning and losing the same 2 lbs for SEVEN WEEKS I got on the scale today and FINALLY broke 144! I've been lifting heavy and I like it!

Replies

• Kalebsmommy424
    Kalebsmommy424 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!!!
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Good job with the lifting. I have been thinking about starting.
  • t4nn1e
    t4nn1e Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I don't understand - how is it possible to eat more calories but weigh less?
  • Agirard25
    Options
    DO IT!!!! I read the NROLFW (got it at the library!) and talked with some friends who know about lifting (most are men). I was VERY intimdated to start at my gym, but I just figured-I really don't have anything but weight to lose! :smile: It has only been two weeks, but I can feel changes happening, and feeling strong feels GREAT!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    YEAH!!!! Congrats! Hope you have found what works for you!
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Mom2M_and_O Posts: 214
    Options

You can either join the group "Eat More to Weigh Less" or search for YouTube videos under "eatmore2weighless". There are lots of sticky posts in the group explaining how/why it works, but I found the videos really informative, too, since reading can get overwhelming. Sometimes hearing it explained helps more.
  • nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Thank you "Eat more, weigh less" and NROLFW!!!

I gave it two weeks of eating 300 calories more/day....which is really only 1 scoop of protein powder with water, an apple and a tbsp of almond butter a day!

After dancing with gainning and losing the same 2 lbs for SEVEN WEEKS I got on the scale today and FINALLY broke 144! I've been lifting heavy and I like it!

Hurray!!

I joined the group this week too! I've been gaining and losing the same 3-4 pounds for months now... I really have big expectations for this!!

And I'm really curious about the NROLFW... Do you do cardio also or just weights?
  • Agirard25
    Options
    I was a COMPLETE sceptic!!! But I was failthfully eating my 1200 calories and the scale would not budge--for 7 weeks! Everything I had been doing to lose 28lbs just stopped working....I couldn't explain it. I found this group "eat more, weigh less" on MFP and it went along with everything that I had just read in the New Rules of Lifting for Women book...so I figured I'd give it a shot. Like I said, you only eat a little bit more...just like when you are pregnant and you are only supposed to eat 300 calories more a day...an apple, a yogurt and a cheese stick will do it! (for example) It is not much more food but according to lots of people they have success eating at their BMR, which is how many calories you burn essentially doing nothing all day except being. I was eating at 1200 calories but my BMR is around 1430...I never really felt hungry at 1200 so I figured there was no way i was in "starvation mode" but it appears that I may have been wrong! Check out "Eat more to weigh less" I was a sceptic but now I am a believer!!!
  • Agirard25
    Options
    :smile: I like cardio, so I do mix some in but not very much. I have two small kids so time at the gym is limited...but i do try to make sure i go for an after dinner walk with them in stroller and I probably run about 30-40 mins twice a week....I need the running more for my mood and my head than for my body!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    congrats!!
  • Agirard25
    Options
    good luck--don't freak out if the scale goes up in the first week or two--I saw a small gain and for the first time in 7 weeks saw the scale break 144! I wish you the best!
  • Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! I am new to EMTWL (3rd day) and I am excited to break my plateau!
  • Agirard25
    Options
    good luck--don't freak out if the scale goes up in the first week or two--I saw a small gain and for the first time in 7 weeks saw the scale break 144! I wish you the best!

that was for you nanane2! I am not so great with the quoting!
  • Agirard25
    Options
    Yay!!! I am new to EMTWL (3rd day) and I am excited to break my plateau!

good luck! I am so excited today that my work is actually showing a result again! I am so happy that I found that group!
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Congrats!
  • sashanicole88
    sashanicole88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday...hoping it works well for me too!!!
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    this is awesome and just what I needed to hear. Congrats and Thank you:flowerforyou:
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Love this!!!! Same thing happened to me and joined the Eat more to weigh less group and SOOO much happier and losing again!!!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Hurray for you! I'm loving the EM2WL life! I don't yet do any heavy lifting. I'm a runner training for my first half marathon, so once that's over I'll do a bit more lifting. But EM2WL works great and I have much more energy for my runs now! Being hypothyroid, this way of life has been a godsend for my metabolism!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options

You can either join the group "Eat More to Weigh Less" or search for YouTube videos under "eatmore2weighless". There are lots of sticky posts in the group explaining how/why it works, but I found the videos really informative, too, since reading can get overwhelming. Sometimes hearing it explained helps more.

THIS!

You have to FUEL Your body if you are going to work out. The calories you are allotted in the morning, are the ones you need for your brain and organs to function. If you add exercise but don't add calories, your brain will begin to fatigue, so will your muscles and organs and you will stop seeing the scale move because the base morning calories are going towards fueling your workouts, not your brain and organs during regular non-workout activity, like working, driving etc. You are given extra calories when you work out, so you can fuel your workout, you NEED to eat them back in order to lose weight otherwise your body will hold on to them as fat stores because it is unsure when it will be properly fed again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!