Waist Measurement

Options
sjmay
sjmay Posts: 386 Member
Ok, so every time I measure my waist, I forget exactly where I measured last time :grumble: I am just wondering where everyone else measures.... where do you consider your waist? :blushing: (I know, kinda dumb question, but my mid section is such different sizes)

Replies

• Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    The skinniest part of your stomach is your waist.
  • presariofaded
    Options
    usually an inch above your belly button
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    half way between your lowest rib and the top of your hips bones.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    what iceprincess said. the skinniest part of your torso
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    here is what I do.......having researched the subject quite a bit.

1. high waist-at the smallest point, or where you see a bend if you have no definition yet
    2. right at the belly button
    3. at the widest point on the hips. I picked a spot where I have a scar so I will measure the same each month.

Also, make sure the tape is even in the back. Look in a mirror or have someone help you. I gained an inch once from letting it slip on my butt. I was not a happy camper:grumble:

Good luck and keep up the good work!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • sbennett23
    sbennett23 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I was told by the people at Curves that in order to find my waist I would need to bend side to side and make sure I was measuring where my body bends.
  • twilight1542
    twilight1542 Posts: 403
    Options
    Ok, so every time I measure my waist, I forget exactly where I measured last time :grumble: I am just wondering where everyone else measures.... where do you consider your waist? :blushing: (I know, kinda dumb question, but my mid section is such different sizes)

Your question is not dumb at all......I've been wondering if I was measuring my waist or not too & happy to hear that I'm doing the right thing :)