Replies

• LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    Go get some!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary for the past week or so and I see what you mean - overall your eating would be excellent if you just figured out something to eat between 9:00 am and noon that didn't involve 400 to 600 calories of sugary, carb-laden crap.

The only things I can suggest are to eat a more hearty breakfast and plan ahead. Have your sugary snack, but less of it. Bring alternative snacks. It seems to me that your body is looking for energy at that time - is there a way to get it without candy, cake, scones, etc.? I'm not sure what else gives you that immediate burst of energy like sugar and refined carbs do...maybe caffeine? Vitamin B12? Hopefully someone else has some suggestions on that.
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    totally off the wall, but maybe you need more sleep?

you work a ton ( so do I ) and the weeks that I work more, I am constantly searching for food. Even if I am not hungry, i just want to snack.

Just my thoughts! :)
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    Hello MFPs-

Please help. I need some suggestions to stop thinking about food AND to stop EATING everything in front of me.

Since joining MFP I have reduced my serving sizes dramatically but still find myself struggling with being hungry constantly. I plan my meals, pack my lunches for work but still stumble upon cookies and cakes and extra snacks through-out the day. My mind gets hung up on them and I can't think about anything but my hunger and how much 'need' to have that extra snack. Its not even 9am and I have already had a piece of cake.

My work requires me to work long hours 7am-6pm, on those days I do less exercise. This week I work three long hour days in a row. It seems as if the days that I work longer hours I have less will power to say no.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I have tried drinking water and tea (which I do through-out the entire day). I need to find a way to stop thinking about food every minute of the day!! It is very upsetting.

Yesterday I went over my calories and I am on track to do the same today. Even if I just eat my planned meals I will be over. My stomach is already growling. Seriously, it is physically making noises. It's not just mental. :(

I would love to hear from other people who have had similar struggles and how they over came them.

Thanks in advance. :)

From your photo, do you lift weights? If so maybe your not eating enough?