Out from 9am to 9pm food to take all day - Ideas Please!

Options
2»

Replies

• iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Apple
    Nuts
    Baby Carrots
    Pickles
    PBJ Sandwich
    Anykind of sandwich
    Banana
    Celery
    Granola Bar
    Trail Mix - (I prefer Emerald Breakfast on the Go, don't let the name fool you, it's trail mix)
    Grapes
    Strawberries
    Pre Made Salad (need a cold pack)

This is on the assumtion that you do not have access to a microwave. If you do, that would expand this list considerably.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    That would be awesome, the IOM TT. Are you riding, watching, helping? Either way, portion control is a great way to enjoy the event while still being aware of your goals. Enjoy and watch out for flying motorcycles.
  • SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Options
    It sounds like you are in the UK if you are looking for something to keep you going for ages I can recommend Supreme Protein bars from Amazon they are are a recent find of mine and keep me going from when I hit my desk at 7.30 am right up until lunch time. Not the cheapest but in my opinion worth it and they taste really good too !

Most supermarkets do little bags of dried fruit in individual portion sizes Julian Graves do them as well .
    I really like the newer Ryvitas as well the sunflower seed and oats , pumpkin seed and oats , sweet onion and the muesli ones you can wrap in portions in tin foil.

Packets of Oat Cakes .. plain or cheesy ...maybe I am a bit weird but I quite like my crackers dry !
    If you are taking a cool bag the individual portions of Philadelphia are handy and Asda I know do individual portions of their wafer thin meats.
    Cherry tomatoes make a great snack as well ..

Have a fantastic time I would love to see the TT one day I've seen lots of track racing bu never road racing !
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    These are great suggestions ...... I've been packing my own snacks for 3 years, but just got some new ideas ......... cool !
  • agreenmess
    agreenmess Posts: 94
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies it's really helped!!!

I think I'm going to be taking couple of P&J sandwiches and some nuts/ fruit.

Cannot wait, will be so much fun!

Nessy x